What's new

Half Fast Weekend rides 23 and 24 August

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
Saturday 23rd August - Ride-Hike-Ride (Sal)

Ride to Takao-san Guchi station, hike 20km up and down the mountain, and ride back. Intermediate (or advanced) level.

Meet at the Roppongi Hills Grand Hyatt at 07:00

This ride has options: Mostly flat - 1.Ride 50k to Takao-sanguchi, lock bikes, hike 20k return, and ride back to Tokyo 50k. Ride up and ride back (no hike). Ride up ride or train back. Or just train up, hike, and return via train. If you plan to take your bike on the train you will need a bike bag.

For hike-only please take the 08:29 train from Shinjuku - Keio Line Semi Limited Express - front of the train. Bring protection for a hot/humid summer hike... boots/solid hiking shoes, hat, 2 liters of water, packed lunch, sunscreen, hiking stick/s, and any medications you might need.

Any questions feel free to contact me directly! salvatoresalvino at icloud.com o9o-7816-4612

--

Sunday 24th August - Miura Peninsula (Sal)

This isn't a beginners' ride, but neither is it a race! We'll be riding about 60km with some steep-ish sections (both up and down!) Wonderful scenery, roads through the rice paddies, a lighthouse, a windmill, and more. Route will be something like this.

Meet at the Roppongi Hills Grand Hyatt at 08:00 to ride to Shinagawa. Led by salvatoresalvino at icloud.com o9o-7816-4612

Train leaves Keikyu Shinagawa Station at 08:57. Use the front cars on the train as the back ones go to Zushi. You want a car that's going to Misaki-guchi and thus stops at Kurihama. Arrive Kurihama at 09:51. We'll aim to arrive at Misaki at 11:30ish, where lunch is an option. Chillax at Hayama Beach near the end of the ride. Our final destination will be Zushi station, where we train back to Tokyo. Requires a bike bag.

@Half-Fast Mike Nice to meet you, I'm new here.

I'm really interested to join the Sunday ride, partly because I live near the route and partly because I fancy hilly ride, I would really love to join the ride.

One big question is..how do you define beginner ? because you wrote that this is not a beginner's ride. Since I'm also new to road cycling, I can't help but worry that I can't follow the group pace, not to mention that I have zero experience in group ride (not counting several occasions where I wheelsucked some random group of cyclist, bad attitude I know..I need to fix this). I don't know if it's helpful but here is my strava profile: http://www.strava.com/athletes/4484799

Don't worry to tell me If you think I'm not up for this ride, I will try to join some easier ride first next time while training to level up my fitness level. Oh..and if it's okay to join the ride, can I just meet you guys at Kurihama? It's only 28 Km ride from where I live.

Cheers,

I'm really interested to join the Sunday ride, partly because I live near the route and partly because I fancy hilly ride, I would really love to join the ride.
I checked your Strava. I confidently predict you will be fine on this ride. I have other plans in Toyama and won't be joining so please drop Sal a line and tell him you'll be waiting at Keikyu Kurihama station. We gather by the bus stops - start point on the route map is very accurate. The route may vary slightly depending on the group and the scorch factor.

I checked your Strava. I confidently predict you will be fine on this ride. I have other plans in Toyama and won't be joining so please drop Sal a line and tell him you'll be waiting at Keikyu Kurihama station. We gather by the bus stops - start point on the route map is very accurate. The route may vary slightly depending on the group and the scorch factor.

Thanks !!! Will do that. Hope to ride with you next time

I wish I saw this sooner the Takaosan ride sounds fantastic. Since I have my bike now I will have to keep an eye out for future rides.

I wish I saw this sooner the Takaosan ride sounds fantastic. Since I have my bike now I will have to keep an eye out for future rides.
You might still make it - why not give him a ring?
If you can ride a mamachari for 100km, I imagine this won't be too much trouble.

Back
Top Bottom