What's new

Weekend Cappuccino Ride?

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
A friend of mine has just got a brand spanking new Cannodale CAAD 9 and would like to test it out in the mountains this weekend. (He posted recently here)

Im still in recovery mode from last Sunday and will ramp up the rides during the following week ready for Miyake Jima. So I will be going at a social pace.

If anyone is free on either Saturday or Sunday for a 'CASUAL Social Ride'please let me know.

He seems very able and reported that he did a 100km ride recently, I was thinking of a ride up Tomin no mori and down the otherside to Okutama and looping back round to the Tamagawa.

Like I said this is more a social ride to show him the routes out in to the mountains and passes, of course normal rules apply for the climbs.

Hi,James!
And really Omedetou for your victory.

So,I'm OK this weekend.
Let's ride in CASUAL pace.

Fumiki

Fumiki,

Many thanks.... Ride is on Sunday meeting at the Tamagawara Bashi at 7:20. Will you join????

Also I am free every day for 4 weeks shall we attack Otarumi, Matsuhime & Kazahari again?

Sunday,got it.
Can I join at Mutsumi-bashi near Fussa no Beer-goya around 8:30 O'clock?

About Matsuhime-Kazahari burned out ride,I wanna go again.
20th Sun,26th Sat&27thSun are currently OK!

Great! See you around 8:30!!!!

18-19-20 I will be at Miyake Jima Racing, 27th Hitachi Naka racing :(

Im free during week days, are you????

James,

Sorry,It's quite difficult to get some holiday on weekdays...

Anyway,see you tomorrow at Mutsumibashi where we met before with kaori-san 8:30!!

What time are you guys rolling from Ebisu? I guess James (F) and I may go as well. Since cappuccini is our middle name!

Rolling time is 6:30am so meet up around 6:20.

Wow, so that was a beefy ride today! I ended up with 191km from door to door.

It was great meeting everyone and I sincerely appreciated the friendship, and support. Also a big thank you for putting this together James!

I look forward to getting together with everyone again soon!

Cheers,
Pete

Pete,

That's some pretty serious riding! Very impressed with your performance up Tomin no mori.... that descent makes it all worth it!

I ended up doing 230km with alot more climbing.

Great job, Pete! That last 45km into Shinjuku was a bit of a leg beater, huh? I had Arlo hummin in my head .... coming into Los Angeleez, carrying a couple of kees - wishing there was something more than air in the CHUB at that time!

A 230 km Cappuccino ride? :confused: DOES. NOT. COMPUTE

We finished the ride at Okutama ahead of schedule, those that needed to head back did those that didn't rode a few "rollers"

Hi guys,
Thanks for today!
Especially recovery from my puncture problem!

James,
I really enjoyed the ride, but It was a bit different from I'd heard before.
I guess...It was social or casual pace.
English is really difficult for me!

I uploaded some photos on member gallery;
https://tokyocycle.com/gallery/u1102-fumiki.html

Fumiki.... Thank you so much for yesterday. Real good fun racing to the summits with you. 2:1 right???

You made me laugh when you shouted "It's a social ride at the top of Kubo tunnel"

TCC 'Engrish' must be different. If that's a Cappuccino classification, what is the Double Boss Black version? Thanks for the High5, BTW - It definitely got my vote for getting me over the Tomori Pass.

Back
Top Bottom