Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
Or, 銚子まで、調子に乗ろう!

Date: April 16, Thursday
Start: Chiba Station, 8:30 am
Finish: Sakura JR/Osakura Keisei Station
Ride: FAST race training ride to Choshi and back
Route: Chiba > Kujukuri Coast > Choshi > Tone River > Inbanuma Lakes > Sakura (180km+)
Co-hosted by Team フリーター and サボり会

Anyone want/able to join Thomas and me for a weekday dash to Choshi?

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/jp/chiba/432123926622689035

Low traffic roads and nearly empty river path for high-speed, uninterrupted hammering. Dead flat except for a few bumpy bits around the Chosi escarpment, but the wind is often fierce. Not particularly scenic, but the open vistas are refreshing.

Access via train/car to Chiba Station, or ride out with Thomas. Return via Keisei or Sobu lines from Sakura.

Thanks for posting and organising this, Phil!

I realise it's a bit crazy to engage in such a ride just two days before heading to Kusatsu, but our previous Chiba adventures have been too exhilarating. I am very much looking forward to our hammering. :)

I realise it's a bit crazy to engage in such a ride just two days before heading to Kusatsu...

Tapering, meet Thomas. I don't think you two have ever met.:D

Thomas (and anyone else who might be coming out), would it be okay if we met at the junction of 53 and 126, just before the 7km mark on the route map? There's a 7-11 right on the corner (not shown on map because it's new). Say about 8:45 to 9:00am?

The 126 isn't too hard to find; keep going past the station after you turn off the 357, right on the 40/126, then left. It is signposted.

Tapering, meet Thomas. I don't think you two have ever met.

My legs tell otherwise. :D

Thomas (and anyone else who might be coming out), would it be okay if we met at the junction of 53 and 126, just before the 7km mark on the route map? There's a 7-11 right on the corner (not shown on map because it's new). Say about 8:45 to 9:00am? The 126 isn't too hard to find; keep going past the station after you turn off the 357, right on the 40/126, then left. It is signposted.

No problem, I'll just feed it into my Garmin. See you on Thursday! :)

フリーター fear nothing!

Mission accomplished, thanks for organising the dash, Phil. It was... overwhelming in terms of distance and speed, but we were quite lucky with wind conditions. I am a big fan of Tonegawa now. Riding into Tokyo from Chiba has never been as fast as yesterday.

A few (keitai) pics below.

My stats:

Distance 265,50 km
Av 30,1
Mx 57,3
Tm 8:48'05

Fast fun

Yeah, many thanks for coming out Thomas. Fantastic day out. We were lucky with the wind. Heavy headwind on the latter half of the coast road north into Choshi, then a rough crosswind on the first 30km or so of the Tone; but once we turned the corner and headed west we were literally sailing.

Nice job keeping up the average through the city...I lost a bit off mine on the last 15km plod back home:

Dist: 206km
Ave: 30.7km/hr
Time: 6:42hr

You've almost converted me to the mid-ride beer thing--though I'm still not sure that second one was a good idea...

Back
Top Bottom