What's new

Ride Weds 2nd - Fri 5th

Hamez

Cruising
Sep 10, 2016
I know most of you are probably working during the week but thought I'd post anyway:

Weds: https://www.strava.com/routes/21561836
mid-morning start from Takao/Hashimoto
Potentially Wada Pass to start - thoughts on this?
Doshi, Fuji Azami and finish Kawaguchiko

Thurs/Fri:
A bit of 5 Lakes and Fuji Subaru
Fuji loop and Skyline

Any takers, or recommendations welcome/appreciated

Progress update:

Think we're due for some rain tomorrow but should fit the Subaru Line in, and hopefully some lake action also

If you want the full set of Fujisan climbs, can't miss Takizawa-rindō.

Advantage: road is gated, so no cars/buses

Disadvantage: 1.5 km traverse between the end of the rindō and the top of the Subaru Line, across volcanic gravel. Not ideal if you have only road cleats.

Skyline and Azami were pretty quiet/little traffic, although I'm guessing Subaru might be a different matter? I have touring shoes although my backpack arrived today (I'm sending it between places I'm staying a few days) which has my road pedals/shoes. Hmm not sure I want to both given what I've got ahead next couple of days... See how I feel I guess

Skyline and Azami were pretty quiet/little traffic, although I'm guessing Subaru might be a different matter? I have touring shoes although my backpack arrived today (I'm sending it between places I'm staying a few days) which has my road pedals/shoes. Hmm not sure I want to both given what I've got ahead next couple of days... See how I feel I guess

Subaru is tour buses only at certain times of the year? So you should be okay. Think you pay a few hundred yen for your bike at the toll?

It's an easy climb. Steady shallow gradient. A world away from Azami. Okay in the rain, but you won't get the views.

Pack some warm clothes for the descent!

Andy

Really nice out today, apart from top of Subaru Line - windy and rain threatening, happy I was carrying my layers. Really enjoyed the climb!

Rindo will have to await another visit I'm afraid Mike, but I did do a slow circuit of Kawaguchiko and Saiko

Back
Top Bottom