What's new

Ride Wednesday May 3rd - Golden Week Boso

Aron B

Maximum Pace
Mar 24, 2012
Somewhat of a tradition: a Boso ride in Golden Week. @Musashi13 and I will do a 140km ride with no big climbs, but up and down all the way.

Route

Pace moderately fast, all climbs WATT within reason.

Depart from Honda JR station (no lockers) on the Sotobo line at 8:45am. I'll take the train arriving at 8:31am. Do not come by car from Tokyo, because of GW traffic!

Last edited:
This ride is a great ride, a tremendous ride. We make the best rides. Make Boso great again (did DI take the custom emojis with him? What a fucking small man)

:mad:

No grief, no bother, just a ride in an area you have or haven't ridden before. Stops at tops, stops for stops, stops for pics. Aron and I will give it what we have on the climbs and if you take longer or have to wait for us we wont spit the dummy and call you a c£n&

Minimal traffic lights, hardly any cars, pristine roads, awesome company. Why not?

Boso rules!

Looks awesome, just so difficult to access from West Tokyo. Train almost 2,5 hours and 70km on the bike across the cities. So sad.

Already offered to lead an hfc ride for Wednesday.
Will be keen to join if this happens again in the near future.

There used to be a 3F convenience store opposite the station to get water etc but it has gone out of business due to a 7/11 that opened up nearby. Just a bit down the road is a fairly new place for the start and finish of the ride.

Just thought I'd let you know

honda.JPG

Looks awesome, just so difficult to access from West Tokyo. Train almost 2,5 hours and 70km on the bike across the cities. So sad.

Not valid at all

I am often on trains for longer than 2 hours to get to starts. I met you at Musashiitsukaiichi once, know how long it took me to get there?

More than 2 hours.

At least it isn't all that cold in the mornings anymore. You won't regret it!

This ride is a great ride, a tremendous ride. We make the best rides. Make Boso great again (did DI take the custom emojis with him? What a fucking small man)

Mate,please spill the beans.
I think you are referring to the 'small man' who used to/still does live in Kasukabe and was the fastest thing on two wheels.

He called me out a few times on this site before he eventually poisoned it.

I've always wondered what happened to the Miguel Indurain of the Edo/Tone.....do tell.

Hope to get the nitty-gritty one day.
This site used to be full of real cyclists,not only the speed merchants.
I noticed that when he started taking over all the good/true riders started to leave this site.
Hope you have a great Golden Week and I must add that I always look forward to your updates.

Today's ride was a splendid one, as expected.

Myself and @Aron B positioned ourselves at different ends of the train into Honda and met at the top of the stairs and used the convenience at the same time:tup We were almost inseparable from there on in for the remainder of the day.

We set out at a pace I felt I couldn't sustain but didn't want to appear weak so did my turns and hit the hills hard. We got to the coast at an average of about 30km/h into a headwind, yep, hefty pace. The roads down to the coast were mostly major-ish roads with only whatever hills showed up, nothing mad. On the way back we took in some new roads and practically all the climbs we could find. I suffered trying to keep pace and not let the side down and was very relived when Aron's bike bag came loose a few times and we stopped for him to reattach it.

The weather was great, the roads were practically empty, the ups finished in good order, and the downs were windy and blessed relief.

Boso delivered again:D

Ended up with a couple of KOMs and a bag full of PRs. It pays to ride with people stronger than you, you raise your game to levels you weren't aware were possible.

https://www.relive.cc/view/968636466

Today's ride was a splendid one, as expected.

Myself and @Aron B positioned ourselves at different ends of the train into Honda and met at the top of the stairs and used the convenience at the same time:tup We were almost inseparable from there on in for the remainder of the day.

We set out at a pace I felt I couldn't sustain but didn't want to appear weak so did my turns and hit the hills hard. We got to the coast at an average of about 30km/h into a headwind, yep, hefty pace. The roads down to the coast were mostly major-ish roads with only whatever hills showed up, nothing mad. On the way back we took in some new roads and practically all the climbs we could find. I suffered trying to keep pace and not let the side down and was very relived when Aron's bike bag came loose a few times and we stopped for him to reattach it.

The weather was great, the roads were practically empty, the ups finished in good order, and the downs were windy and blessed relief.

Boso delivered again:D,

Ended up with a couple of KOMs and a bag full of PRs. It pays to ride with people stronger than you, you raise your game to levels you weren't aware were possible.

https://www.relive.cc/view/968636466

I've got nothing to add to this, except that it was a great day and indeed Boso never disappoints.

@Aron B just uploaded his ride and I lost my KOMs by 1 second each:cry:

I've got nothing to add to this, except that it was a great day and indeed Boso never disappoints.

You could have said "no, you pulled your weight, you were strong, I had my doubts about keeping up with you, too"

Learn some humility:oops:

@GrantT got 2 mails from Strava today, I hope:warau:

Next time more people!

Back
Top Bottom