What's new

Wednesday and Thursday LSD rides

EricinIkebukuro

Speeding Up
Jan 30, 2011
So I will be taking a strategic leave from school Wednesday and Thursday to do 2 LSD rides.

At the moment I have a route in in mind but if anyone has any suggestions or a route they would like to do please let me know. If not I plan on doing the Mira peninsula starting from shinagawa station on Wednesday and on Thursday I plan to do a arakawa-Edogawa super loop (route coming soon) starting from the family Mart on yamate-dori that Tim usually meets at. Both will be start times at 8, minimal breaks and no hammerfesting. These LSD's will kill your legs enough already!

More info on the routes to come soon!

Yeah - that's the official 'Honey Badger Riding Club' meeting point. FYI - I might tag on one of these - prolyy the Thurs version

. If not I plan on doing the Mira peninsula starting from shinagawa station on Wednesday

Stealing my routes off Garmin???? :D

Its a very good route although the trip back to Shinagawa in the afternoon will not be very nice. Actually I plan to do the same route myself - just need to change the day in the office.

So here is the routes that I made quickly on Map my ride. Definitely open to changes because I do not know the Kanagawa area very well. Also the Arakawa super loop will be a routes we know except for the northern crossing from Arakawa to Edogawa. If anyone has suggestions on that please let me know!!

Wednesday LSD: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/65547762

Thursday LSD: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/65552858

James, I'm pretty sure your Miura route would be better because you know the traffic better than I do down there. Perhaps we should use yours?

Because these are all flat I will be riding my Fixie!

Sounds good - please refer to your bike as a 'muletto' when talking about proper winter training. We don't want anyone to get the wrong impression about the seriousness of these proceedings!

So I was curious about what muletto meant and I googled it. My bike is not a forklift! Lol
It may be as heavy as one but it is still my steel horse!

Anywho the weather looks great for both days, hope to see you guys out there!

Eric,

I suggest if you value your life not to return via Route 246 but head down route 16 from Yamato to Yokohama and then back in the way you came.

Much safer.

Eric, just waiting to get the all clear from the office - which shouldn't be a problem as there are more riders wanting to join. If you want me to lead the ride I would be more than happy to do so.

J

Google knows nothing - some things are still sacred. Believe in the power of misinformation!

So I was curious about what muletto meant and I googled it. My bike is not a forklift! Lol
It may be as heavy as one but it is still my steel horse!

Anywho the weather looks great for both days, hope to see you guys out there!

Eric,

I suggest if you value your life not to return via Route 246 but head down route 16 from Yamato to Yokohama and then back in the way you came.

Much safer.

Eric, just waiting to get the all clear from the office - which shouldn't be a problem as there are more riders wanting to join. If you want me to lead the ride I would be more than happy to do so.

J

James I would be more than happy if you lead that ride! I have only cycled Kanagawa 3 or 4 times but on golden week when no one is around or with you. Lol!

So Tim, what does muletto mean? If google, an all knowing source that has been the basis of knowledge for all my school essays an research papers, is wrong please tell me the meaning from the Smithopedia!( ̄▽ ̄)

Ok It's an itlain word to discribe a thrown together bike used specifically for training. The word was originally used in Italy for farm equipment which was botched together from other parts for general use.

J

So what's the plan for tomorrow?

ok lets meet at Yamashita Koen in Yokohama at 09:30am Meeting place is at the closest to Yokohama side where the convini is and also the Indian shrine.

Roll out at 09:35

In the event of rain or snow including poor road conditions such as this morning I will not be riding.

1月25日(水曜日) LSD-ゆっくり長距離ライド

LSD-ゆっくり長距離ライド

私は今週の水曜日, 山下公園からLSDトレーニングライドを先導します。集合時間は午前09:30。最小限の休憩と、上りも込みで適度にゆっくり走る予定です。

多分、ライダーが脂肪燃焼して減量するための、また2012年のレースシーズンへの耐久性を養うための理想的なライドです。

コースは天候状況によるのでその日に決めますが、集合と解散は 山下公園

水のボトルを2本と、ライドの間に摂る食べ物を持参するか前もって購入するかしてください。昼食時にボトルに水を補給します。

日 程 : 1月25日(水曜日)
集合時間 : 09:30
集合場所 : 山下公園

Wednesday 25th Jan - L.S.Distance training Ride

Meeting place: Yamashita Koen, Yokohama
Time: 09:30am
Course: Miura Hanto (Peninsular) Course to be decided on later this week.

Sounds good, I'll see you tomorrow!

Today was a great ride! Nice weather relatively little traffic and had an awesome lunch! I ended with 215 kilometers on that day with an average speed of 28 km/h. Total time about 11 hours including lunch, and breaks(ride time about 9 hours). I am beat!

Thanks James for all the support and tips! Changing my pedaling style actually made my leg hurt less by time I got home. Hope to ride with you again soon!

Now about tomorrow, I'm thinking I can do it! Is there anyone interested in doing the arakawa/Edogawa super loop I posted on Monday?

Back
Top Bottom