What's new

Wednesday 18th Jan - L.S.Distance training Ride

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Wednesday 18th Jan - L.S.Distance training Ride

To continue with the base training over the course of 3 weeks I will be leading another LSD ride on Wednesday.

Meeting place: Family Mart outside Tsurugamane Station (http://g.co/maps/fzqef)
Time: 08:30am
Course: Miura Hanto (Peninsular) Course to be decided on later this week.

These LSD rides are ridden in heart rate zone 1 and 2 (recovery zones) to build base. These are not hammerfest rides so if you are looking for a fast paced ride these are not it. Also if you get a head on the climbs I ask that you loop back to the last man climbing so that we are not waiting for everyone to get dressed and on the bikes again!

Temps are much warmer along the coast and also the terrain is suitable for standard cranks.

LSD-ゆっくり長距離ライド

私は今週の水曜日, 鶴ヶ峰駅からLSDトレーニングライドを先導します。集合時間は午前08:30時。最小限の休憩と、上りも込みで適度にゆっくり走る予定です。

多分、ライダーが脂肪燃焼して減量するための、また2012年のレースシーズンへの耐久性を養うための理想的なライドです。

コースは天候状況によるのでその日に決めますが、集合と解散は 鶴ヶ峰駅(通常の集合場所)近くのローソンです。

水のボトルを2本と、ライドの間に摂る食べ物を持参するか前もって購入するかしてください。昼食時にボトルに水を補給します。

日 程 : 1月18日(水曜日)
集合時間 : 08:30 鶴ヶ峰駅
集合場所 : 矢野口交差点 横 ローソン (http://g.co/maps/fzqef)

I wish I could go! But my school classes are getting in the way! If you do another weekend ride I will try to get out of work!

Eric will have another planned for this coming Sunday. Will post later in the week the route, most probably a reverse of last Sundays ride.

Update - Second meeting place will be Yamashita Koen in Yokohama around 09:00am

Would love to join you. Unfortunately the office and the chancellor beckon.

Wanted to mention: on Sunday's ride for the first time ever I turned off the speed display on my Garmin and showed myself cadence and heart rate only.

This was very enjoyable. Such a simple thing, but a completely different riding experience.

I'm grateful for the encouragement.

Mike - exactly what I look at on my Garmin 500. I have three pages set up the first is all the usual hammerfest stuff page two cadence and heart rate third is Wattage and average Wattage.

For LSD training I only look at the Cadence and HR.

Get your priorties straight! If you REALLY want to RACE - then DO THAT! Otherwise - just enjoy weekend rides and occasional competition events. You guys have to realize the committment made to real racing means DOING THAT. It means - 10hrs a day - living, breathing ,eating nothing but RACING!

Can you dig it!?

I wish I could go! But my school classes are getting in the way! If you do another weekend ride I will try to get out of work!

LOL - but it's the truth.

You got to want it more than everyone else on the start line and the start line starts back in the off season.

Get your priorties straight! If you REALLY want to RACE - then DO THAT! Otherwise - just enjoy weekend rides and occasional competition events. You guys have to realize the committment made to real racing means DOING THAT. It means - 10hrs a day - living, breathing ,eating nothing but RACING!

Can you dig it!?

You have to do what you can with the time you have available. If you can read a bit of Japanese and want some inspiration, check out Takaoka san's blog. Working dad, living in Roppongi, short on time.... Tour of Okinawa champion!

Take the Roppongi Express!

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/RoppongiExpress/

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

If I don't go to school I lose my visa!

Unless somebody here would like to sponsor my visa I can only miss six classes this semester and still pass!

If someone could sponsor my visa I would claim race victories in their honor! Lol

Mike - exactly what I look at on my Garmin 500. I have three pages set up the first is all the usual hammerfest stuff page two cadence and heart rate third is Wattage and average Wattage.

For LSD training I only look at the Cadence and HR.

FarEast, just curious, but why do you favour the HR for LSD over wattage? I would do the reverse.

FarEast, just curious, but why do you favour the HR for LSD over wattage? I would do the reverse.

I don't, if I have the power tap attached then i only look at wattage and avergae watts.

However the powertap was sent back to Saris for recalibration for the new season and it is currently sat waiting to be rebuilt in to the wheel.

In regards to the order, its just the way it was set up when I first got the 500 and as I have raced on it for a season I didn't change it.

As a coach and I mentioned this in another thread... I would prefer to coach athelets on the use of a power meter and training with power. I sat the module and passed so Im actually qualified to coach with power meters.

However you'll find that very few members here have or have access to a power meter, yet you'll find the use of a heart rate monitorvery prolific. So currently all of my advice has been based around this as I feel there is no point in talking about wattage and LT when nobody is able to take advantage of the advice.

Cheers, as I said, was just curious. I`m hoping the bearings go on the Powertap just before the warranty expires, so I can get everything redone for just the cost of postage ;)

Back
Top Bottom