What's new

Official Ride Wedding Cup SUN May 10th 2015

Please note that since we'll be a group of over 10, the menu at Hana pizza will be pre-fixed as below.

Cinnamon rolls
Cinnamon rolls
Cinnamon rolls
Cinnamon rolls
Cinnamon rolls
Cinnamon rolls
Cinnamon rolls
And also some Cinnamon rolls

Very much looking forward to seeing you there!

Sounds good to me ;)

Good riding today (I decided at the last minute that I would tag along...)

Highlights included getting disqualified from the Shiraishi Cup, giving myself a heart attack by pulling a nose manual at about 55kmph descending round a corner and my knee not hurting all day finally (need to get back into climbing properly now then; about 1-2mins off my peak form at the moment. Not bad considering I have done pretty much no climbing since October last year, but whatever. Pathetic and slow).

The two main killer parts though were making @Musashi13 cry / drown in coffee, and best of all, the extreme 5 man HAMMER OF ALL HAMMERS we laid down on the descent from Sadamine back to the station. @kawa, @GrantT, @Andy in Tokyo, @Musashi13 and me, hunched over in a line simply GOING AT IT. Nice one lads. That was as perfect a paceline as I have ever experienced, and fast as hell too. Blistering.

And finally, thank you very much too, to @Chikako and @Aron B for organising and being so generous with lunch. Completely unexpected and really very nice of you indeed to do such a thing.

:)

Thanks everybody for turning up today.
Beautiful spring weather, the usuals and the rare faces, easy route for me nicely accompanied by Henri, a full ride with competition for the A group, it was perfectly what we wanted for the occasion.
Too bad about the mint chocolate chip ice cream though.

Congratulations to @leicaman for meeting everyone's expectations and winning the Wedding Cup!

I will be off from the road bike for the coming months (hopefully not years), but I do hope to be back and continue on as long as I could.
After all, there are so many roads I hope to ride on both in Japan and overseas.

Perfect day out, no one went over the handle bars, no camera trouble at all ;)

Thanks again Aron and Chikako for a very nice day out, and for lunch!

Flipping through the the images I realise I need to practice my photo taking a bit more, in the hunt for blurry backgrounds I ended up with a few too many images totally out of focus. Including the group shouts unfortunately. Will upload some more later on here as I go through them more thoroughly.

groupshot.jpg

It was a fantastic day, for sure.

Taking it so so easy on the approach to Shiraishi in expectation of taking some time off my personal best only to find Garmin has slipped one in the stink as usual. I will have a registered time of under half an hour on that segment one day!

@Aron B had a mad smile on his face all day, throughout the ride, from the time we met at the Spaceship to the moment we parted ways at Hana. Yours and @Chikako 's generosity and warmth are very appreciated, a pleasure spending time with you both at such precious times in you life together.

Regulars and not so regulars alike, today was a day to remember.

Properly sized photos and such to follow shortly.

@GrantT your knee hardly slowed you down on Sadamine, I nearly burst blood vessels trying to keep up. That last ditch paceline was a blast. I wish we could have kept it going all the way home:warau:

groupshot-jpg.10980
Saitama Hills 90210! Looks like you guys had a great day. Well done to all.

Lunch time!

@leicaman got his "Kanelbulle" in the end
P5100321.jpg
Great to ride with @kawa again
P5100322.jpg
@WhiteGiant as well, here enjoying the well know pizza
P5100323.jpg

@Musashi13 before the coffee incident
P5100328.jpg

@theBlob too hungry to wait for Pizza, fingers will do
P5100329.jpg

@GrantT dreaming of patching tubes
P5100330.jpg

the always photogenic @Yamabushi
P5100335.jpg

And of course the lovely now married couple @Chikako and @Aron B , thanks again for the generosity!
P5100331.jpg

The damage
P5100354.jpg

Looked like a mega day. One of these days I'll be free on a weekend!!! Thanks for all the photos and what's up with @TCC not wearing the TCC kit on an important day like this.

Because me and @Mlac Peek wore our kits every single ride since getting them and rode them into the ground.

I now have a Blue Monkey kit to support fellow club member @Adam Cobain which I will now attempt to also ride to death

Back
Top Bottom