What's new

Ride WED, March 20th - Shiraishi & Kasayama

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Wednesday is a holiday so back at again, this time adding a little bit more climbing than the last two weeks. Additionally, there are two new sections that I haven't yet ridden, so expect a little bit of exploration.

We'll cycle up the Arakawa River to the first climb, Shiraishi-toge, then descend Sadamine-toge for a nice brick oven pizza and gelato. We'll then climb back up Sadamine and descend the other side for the final climb of Kasayama. From there it's a very nice decent to Ogawamachi Station for the train back to Tokyo. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT).

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1500-1800m
Distance: 110-125km
Route: HERE

Hope to see you Wednesday morning! Also, please note the slightly earlier start time.

Me too, perhaps! Can you push the start time up a bit? Or I'll figure out an intersect from my new place in Chofu.

Cool, I am in for this one.

Thanks for organising as usual!

Cheers Owen, it's been great having you out the last two weeks! And, your winter training has definitely paid off!

Me too, perhaps! Can you push the start time up a bit? Or I'll figure out an intersect from my new place in Chofu.

Tim, if the Family Mart doesn't work, either the Spaceship or the bridge at the Arakawa and Route #16 where we meet Owen would be the best.

I have an already arranged date with a local shop/club to try out some wheels and do a 60-70km ride somewhere around the Edogawa. If this wasn't sorted out weeks ago I would be there:mad:

Don't have too much fun without me!

Joining! Thanks for posting.
This is going to be my first Pete's ride of the season.
See you Wednesday at the usual Fami-ma!

Chikako

Additionally, there are two new sections that I haven't yet ridden, so expect a little bit of exploration.

Thanks Pete, hope I won't get stuck in Narita the night before.

I always use Kampachi-dori from Futako Tamagawa to join Pete's Arakawa ride. Early moring Kampachi is not bad at all, perhaps you might want to try if you haven't already.

I second the Kampachi; direct, fast, hardly any traffic at that time in the am.

I'm thinking of using a highway bus from Gifu myself though, pure luxury.

See you all on Wed am for my first Yamabushi ride of the year. (If they let my bike on the bus.)

Dave

Joining! Thanks for posting.
This is going to be my first Pete's ride of the season.
See you Wednesday at the usual Fami-ma!

Chikako

Thanks Pete, hope I won't get stuck in Narita the night before.

I always use Kampachi-dori from Futako Tamagawa to join Pete's Arakawa ride. Early moring Kampachi is not bad at all, perhaps you might want to try if you haven't already.

I second the Kampachi; direct, fast, hardly any traffic at that time in the am.

I'm thinking of using a highway bus from Gifu myself though, pure luxury.

See you all on Wed am for my first Yamabushi ride of the year. (If they let my bike on the bus.)

Dave

I look forward to seeing you all Wednesday! :)

Just for reference, Saibot will arrive approximately 1 minute after you meet me.

Well, I am confused.

t-pain-elephant.jpg

Hi guys. I haven't been on here for some time due to training for the Tokyo marathon but now that is over and the weather is warming up I'm getting cycling withdrawal symptoms. I'm very tempted to join this ride but I don't have too much time on Wednesday. What is your eta at ogawamachi station? If its ok with you guys I might join you until lunch then continue down by myself to ogawamachi station. What time will you be going past the spaceship?
Thanks

Hi guys. I haven't been on here for some time due to training for the Tokyo marathon but now that is over and the weather is warming up I'm getting cycling withdrawal symptoms. I'm very tempted to join this ride but I don't have too much time on Wednesday. What is your eta at ogawamachi station? If its ok with you guys I might join you until lunch then continue down by myself to ogawamachi station. What time will you be going past the spaceship?
Thanks

No problem, ride with us to until the top of Sadamine Toge, and when we descend to the pizza place, you can go the other way to Ogawamachi Station. Aron can confirm, but I think the Spaceship is about 30 minutes after the Family Mart, so about 8am.

leicaman; If you opt out of the pizza lunch, and just descend down to Ogawamachi station, considering the earlier start time, I suspect you will be at the station at the time you want. A couple of weeks ago, I did this ride with everyone, and decided to head across to Kumagaya station instead of having lunch. We passed Ogawamachi station fairly soon after the descent so you should be fine to do so within reasonable time.

Aron can confirm, but I think the Spaceship is about 30 minutes after the Family Mart, so about 8am.
It's more like 25 minutes, so make it 7.50am to be on the safe side.

By the way, I'm riding too on Wednesday. Since I moved house, I'll be coming to the Family Mart from now on.

Owenjames- thanks for the info. I might have time for pizza after all. If so, am I right in saying I can order it when we get there right? You guys haven't made reservations have you?
Aron- thanks for the info. I'll be at the spaceship by 7:50.

Looking forward to the ride although I'm not sure my legs will feel the same way as I've hardly been on the bike since Sept. Not sure my 20km run tomorrow will help
but I'm a sucker for punishment.

Back
Top Bottom