What's new

WED, AUG 8th - Green Line & Yamabushi-toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tim, Naomi, Travis and I will be heading out for a cheeky, moderately paced, mid-week ride this Wednesday. Due to the heat, I've kept the route a bit shorter and have attemtped to keep us on shaded rindos and climbs as much as possible. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT).

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2000-2500m
Distance: 130-140km
Route: HERE

We'll be finishing at Hanno Station so please, don't forget your rinko bag. Also, please note the area between 102km and 116km above the Arima Dam may or may not be passable. Worst case scenario we just turn around and drop back down to the main road to continue the route. Either way, it should be a good ride!

Thanks Pete as always. The route looks very nice:)

I am very vulnerble to this heat:warau:. In fact I was slowing down on the climb around Hakone and asked Alan to shorten the course yesterday:eek:
But I try to keep up with you guys on Wednesday :)

See you Wednesday.

Thanks Pete as always. The route looks very nice:)

I am very vulnerble to this heat:warau:. In fact I was slowing down on the climb around Hakone and asked Alan to shorten the course yesterday:eek:
But I try to keep up with you guys on Wednesday :)

See you Wednesday.

You'll be fine, we'll be taking it easy! Also, on the 2nd climb there is a nice cool spring about half way up! It'll be really nice!

Pete, I might join you here - mid-week, place/time of the start/finish suit me perfectly (lots of conditions to meet there hehe). I will be coming from route 40 (10.5 km mark on your route). Don't wait if I am not there.

Pete, I might join you here - mid-week, place/time of the start/finish suit me perfectly (lots of conditions to meet there hehe). I will be coming from route 40 (10.5 km mark on your route). Don't wait if I am not there.

Cool, that'd be great if you can make it! We'll probably be passing that bridge right about 7am.

Looks good, Pete.

Just wondering though, is there anywhere to eat between the 50km-mark (Ogose), and the 95km-mark (Naguri - start of the "dam" climb)?
I know there's the soba place, but is that it? The lack of conbini's has got me nervous :(
Anyway, I'll see you at 6:30!
Travis

Just wondering though, is there anywhere to eat between the 50km-mark (Ogose), and the 95km-mark (Naguri - start of the "dam" climb)?
I know there's the soba place, but is that it? The lack of conbini's has got me nervous :(
Anyway, I'll see you at 6:30!
Travis

Don't worry my friend, you'll be taken care of! There is a spring half way up the climb, there are vending machines not far from the top of the climb, and there is a soba shop and small conbini at the top of Shomaru-toge. :D

Tempted to meet you around the 22km mark on your map. I would likely take the Tama River to Route 16 and then take that to where your route crosses it. If I am not there, don't bother waiting for me though.

Pete, thanks for the great company today. It was really great to meet you all - Tim and Travis (ver.2, hisabisa, mate!). Reasonable amount of exploration and cool rindos of the Green Line - it was fabulous! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the great ride and company! This is my basically last training ride for upcoming Haute Route so it was great to have the extra challenge and 'push'. BTW- the new 12-30 CX6700 cassette worked perfect! Shifted fine through the entire range and I found myself sticking in the big ring much more - to increased benefit especially in the Greenline Rollers. My average cadence on this ride was around 70, btw - with alot of the riding in the 80's and 90's. Being able to dip into the 28 and 30 when required meant I could conserve big muscle energy more and use when only out of saddle. Highly suggested! Now I'm considering to go back to my std chainset - though with a 38 / 52 combo.

Being able to dip into the 28 and 30 when required meant I could conserve big muscle energy more and use when only out of saddle. Highly suggested! Now I'm considering to go back to my std chainset - though with a 38 / 52 combo.

You are a clever, natural grimpeur and one in fine form now :)heyhey::heyhey:...you just got ahead of me on the Yamabushi STRAVA rankings! :D)

Good luck on the Haute Route Tim :thumb:!

Pete, thanks for the great company today. It was really great to meet you all - Tim and Travis (ver.2, hisabisa, mate!). Reasonable amount of exploration and cool rindos of the Green Line - it was fabulous! :rolleyes:

My pleasure Sergei! I'm really glad you made it out today!

Thanks for the great ride and company! This is my basically last training ride for upcoming Haute Route so it was great to have the extra challenge and 'push'. BTW- the new 12-30 CX6700 cassette worked perfect! Shifted fine through the entire range and I found myself sticking in the big ring much more - to increased benefit especially in the Greenline Rollers. My average cadence on this ride was around 70, btw - with alot of the riding in the 80's and 90's. Being able to dip into the 28 and 30 when required meant I could conserve big muscle energy more and use when only out of saddle. Highly suggested! Now I'm considering to go back to my std chainset - though with a 38 / 52 combo.

Tim, I predict you're going to tear up Haute Route!

Thanks, Tom - but you are truly my inspiration of the master grimpeur and hard man of the hills! I will do my best and hope I can survive all the stages! My goal is to look at 3rd or 4th stage as the 'peak point' especially as Stage 4 is the Alpe d'Huez TT .

BTW , Pete is coming into amazing form now and Travis made some attacks on the Greenline that were punishing! We were lucky that Serguei was riding as a gentleman today or we'd all be left still in the hills limping back.

You are a clever, natural grimpeur and one in fine form now :)heyhey::heyhey:...you just got ahead of me on the Yamabushi STRAVA rankings! :D)

Good luck on the Haute Route Tim :thumb:!

If the weather was anything like it was out here, you had a fantastic day for it--very jealous!

Yep!

That was the coolest ride so far! Not "Fonzie" cool! But "not hot" cool.
It was great to catch up with Serguei again - First ride together in over a year.
Great chatting with Tim, and as always, Mr. Greenline himself, Pete!
I'm still nowhere near the form I used to be in (pre-accident), but getting there, little by little.
Great day! T

Back
Top Bottom