What's new

Wahoo Kickr

Jayves

Speeding Up
Nov 20, 2009
This looks like a 'kicker'!!! With the open approach, this trainer looks very promising. Similar design as Lemond Revolution but claimed to be quieter.

For those on Strava, one thing that is worth noting is the ability to interface to an external devices like iPad app (see demo) and able to compete with any Strava athlete of a particular segment without going out! Not sure if Strava can make the indoor ride as an official run for that segment...

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2012/08/first-look-at-wahoo-fitness-kickr.html

If the price is very competitive, I might consider one...

any idea on pricing?

It seems undecided at this point as the maker is targeting end of the year for global distribution... I hope it is cheaper than the base Lemond Rev (without the computer head) which cost around 56,000yen. Although not sure about the the extra electronics for power adjustment cost overhead...

I was already looking for a cheap source of the lemond, but am going to wait for this one. Sounds perfect.

For those on Strava, one thing that is worth noting is the ability to interface to an external devices like iPad app (see demo) and able to compete with any Strava athlete of a particular segment without going out! Not sure if Strava can make the indoor ride as an official run for that segment...

Well let's hope not. That would be crock if they did. Their elevation and power data is not accurate. Given the innacuracy in GPS/strava elevation and power data. It would be a joke to try and emulate that on a trainer. If they did they would make their whole thing a joke and lose people in droves I would expect.

Em, couple of clarifications.
-Open source API, so Implementation on software is open. Already you could select garmin users from strava, who have a fairly accurate altitude profile. This could be automated.
-spokesman said data will be interpolated to avoid sudden spikes.

Well let's hope not. That would be crock if they did. Their elevation and power data is not accurate. Given the innacuracy in GPS/strava elevation and power data. It would be a joke to try and emulate that on a trainer. If they did they would make their whole thing a joke and lose people in droves I would expect.

Agree, a cycle-trainer user will always win as there is nothing like wind, surface, cornering or other real world effects (traffic lights :eek:).
STRAVA let's you race "same place, different time" ... but "different place, different time" is a different game - they should keep that separated!

Currently you can only race against the time - it will not let you upload the segment.

Back
Top Bottom