What's new

Wada west on November 27th

patrick.yodar

Speeding Up
Jun 9, 2011
i'm be going out tomorrow morning to do a short loop ride from takao station down to sagami-ko and then up wada west. my goal is to be back in tokyo before noon so i'll probably be at takao station before 9am.

route >>here<<

anyone interested in a short morning ride is welcome to join me.

I might join you on this. Are you taking train up? Or riding out ?

i'll be going out by train. not sure how fast i'll be. i got my handed to me by kazahari rindo followed by tsuru toge last week, but my goal is to do the loop in around 2 hours. hopefully under.

You doing the Takao Sanguchi (Keiyo) or JR? I prefer the Keiyo - cheaper and faster. Where do you jump on? I'll use my fixed gear - roadbike is put away for the winter.

I'll be taking the keio from shinjuku. there's an 8:00 train that gets to takao by 8:52. I'll be trying to get there a little on the early side to maybe take a train before the 8:00 one.

so you want to try and met on the keio platform?

had a real nice ride with tim this morning. managed to get up the west side of wad a with only 2 short walking breaks and a bonus excellent view of mt. fuji. also ran in to SteveT on the wada descent portion of his foliage ride.

this was my first time descending wad a east on a bike. i've run down it many times, each time thinking "i wouldn't want to ride down this on a bike." very narrow, twisty, and steep. probably the scariest descent i've done so far even though i know the road pretty well from running it.

here is the garmin data from the ride.

this was my first time descending wada east on a bike. i've run down it many times, each time thinking "i wouldn't want to ride down this on a bike." very narrow, twisty, and steep. probably the scariest descent i've done so far even though i know the road pretty well from running it.

It's especially fun when wet! :rolleyes:

Was fun! We booked up odarumi pretty good. Justified my stuffing myself at dinner tonite! Ur still the KOD (king of descending) !

Haha! Don't worry Ludwig - referring to Patrick'd fixedgear descending skills. With that being said. My legs are toast today! Love getting back on the FG as it just exercises all the muscles for cycling more completely.

Somebody trying to dethrown me? :eek:

if we're both riding fixed i like my chances.:bike:

the warmup on odarumi was pretty fun. we caught a solo rider and another group of 3 more serious looking guys all on geared bikes part way up. tim beat everyone to the top but i was only able to stay in front of 2 of the 4 guys. i managed to pass the 2 guys that beat me on the odarumi climb on the descent, though.

Back
Top Bottom