What's new

Help Wada Pass

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
Has anyone been through Wada Pass since Septembers heavy rain? I was planning to give it a crack on Sunday and remembered the recent landslide up that way. Is it passable or am I better off planning another route?

Thanks for the fast replies guys. It sounds like it's a bit dicey. I'll give the Hinohara Hwy a crack instead and report back.

Went up for the first time just yesterday and can testify that this is accurate. I was totally bummed to get to the top and just turn around.

On Sunday I ended up going for a ride through the closed road near Magoyama. Here's the route:

This section is closed off with gates that are pretty easy to get around, but the recent storms have made a mess of the roads. Lot's of leaf litter, twigs, rocks of various sizes and super slippery slime on several of the corners. The road quality on this section is also pretty dodgy, lots of potholes and a couple of metal gratings with large gaps just waiting to catch a cyclist off guard. The rest of the route was pretty good, quiet back roads for the most part and some pretty cool downhill runs.

Back
Top Bottom