What's new

Wada-neering redux

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
I'm planning to do this ride again on Sat. More gear tweaking and suffering included.

Proposed (mine) schedule -

1) Leave Shinjuku at 7am
2) Leave Takao Station at 9am
3) Arrive back Takao Station at 11.30am (or depend on the loop)
4) Ride or train back to home. (Depending on how mashed I feel)

Will do this if the weather is cooperating (no rain / gales). I'm not a fast rider, just working to build up some core strength and hill time, so just about anyone should feel comfortable on this ride. I'll be on a fixie, too.

Tim

I'm in!

Which way are we going up/down Wada? If we go up the same way we did last time, I'll turn around at the top and ride down the good side and do the Fujino climb twice.

I don't feel like slapping the guardian angle in the face...

I assume you're taking the train from Shinjuku again?

Wada too.

I will be at Takaosanguchi station on the 9:04 train with Kimm and some others from Namban Rengo. Wada will be first stop on the loop we will do. Aiming to roll out from the 711 near the station at 09:30. Maybe we can link up?

Keren

That sounds like a plan - I don't mind going back down the 'smooth side' as well, the grungy switchbacks are hairy enough with brakes, let alone on a fixie skidding down. I will probably ride out to Takao this time so I can get a few more miles in - I dont have the usual midweek time constraints.

You might need to leave Shinjuku earlier than 7 to get to Takao by 9am if you are riding out. What route are you thinking?

I left Kichijoji around 645 and met you guys at 9am, granted a fair bit was spent being lost but most time was lost to slow traffic on Rt. 7. The cherry blossoms around Takao are apparently kinda famous so the traffic won't be lighter...

or does 9am mean 10am the way that 8am (luckily for me) meant 9am?:cool:

I'm shooting for a <real> 9am depart from Takao. Which means for anyone training there - please arrive earlier enough to build your bike and grab your snacks. Good point on the traffic - especially if the weather holds. I will play 'groundhog' and get up early - if I see my shadow, then I'll hit the pedals early. If its on the nasty side, I'll train out, then do the ride and get my extra k's on the return. The weather forcast seems to indicate improving weather from about 6am with a peak at noon or so, then deteriorating after that.

Wada redux and hookup

This sounds interesting - which station? Takaosanguchi? This would be a good hook up point if we leave Takao at 9.00 - should be at Sanguchi around 9.15 give or take depending our roll out. I'll PM my keitai to you.

I will be at Takaosanguchi station on the 9:04 train with Kimm and some others from Namban Rengo. Wada will be first stop on the loop we will do. Aiming to roll out from the 711 near the station at 09:30. Maybe we can link up?

Keren

Thanks everyone for the ride! I'm thinking about making some spoke cards for this ride and perhaps (dis) organizing a fixie hillclimb. Anyone interested?

Back
Top Bottom