What's new

Help Vitoria corsa Graphene tubs

Never had a tubular last over 1300km before wearing down to the threads. Not sure these would last longer, but they'd better for that amount of coin.

I'm a right stingy bastard anyway, so that's a major factor for me, more so than CRR or lightness.

Would like to try the panaracer Race tubulars though. If I win the fucking lottery.

I found the real cheap ones aren't worth the money. They hold easily and wear out very quickly.
As in twice as quick as the ones that cost a bit more.

has anyone used these?

http://www.wiggle.com/vittoria-corsa-graphene-plus-tubular-road-tire/

If so please give me your impressions!

Nope, but they sound like a bit of a con to me. Would be pleased to be proven wrong though.

Never had a tubular last over 1300km before wearing down to the threads. Not sure these would last longer, but they'd better for that amount of coin.

I'm a right stingy bastard anyway, so that's a major factor for me, more so than CRR or lightness.

Would like to try the panaracer Race tubulars though. If I win the fucking lottery.

What tubs have you tried? I've found conti sprinters and conti gatorskins to be pretty long lasting.
On a side note, what's with you and your foul mouth? You got Tourette's or something?

Nope, but they sound like a bit of a con to me. Would be pleased to be proven wrong though.

What tubs have you tried? I've found conti sprinters and conti gatorskins to be pretty long lasting.
On a side note, what's with you and your foul mouth? You got Tourette's or something?
I've tried most of the Vittoria range from bottom to vaguely near the top (Corsa CX being that particular one) - all have worn out in my stated time, the lowest being the bottom-rung Rallys which last roughly 800km.
Haven't actually tried Continentals as they're just so pricey compared to their clincher counterparts. Again; frugal.

Regarding my foul mouth, I put that down to the other fora I regularly post on being of the slightly more jagged end of the spectrum, aside from home-barista, the most milquetoast place on the internet. I post as I have done since my entry into the internet on vile IRQ channels back in the day, but yes, I do tend to throw out fairly strong words. I'm more than happy to abstain from using crude language if it's upsetting. Reading this back it seems incredibly snide, but I mean it honestly. You can take my foul language, but you can't take my images of terrible taxidermy.

I've tried most of the Vittoria range from bottom to vaguely near the top (Corsa CX being that particular one) - all have worn out in my stated time, the lowest being the bottom-rung Rallys which last roughly 800km.
Haven't actually tried Continentals as they're just so pricey compared to their clincher counterparts. Again; frugal.

Regarding my foul mouth, I put that down to the other fora I regularly post on being of the slightly more jagged end of the spectrum, aside from home-barista, the most milquetoast place on the internet. I post as I have done since my entry into the internet on vile IRQ channels back in the day, but yes, I do tend to throw out fairly strong words. I'm more than happy to abstain from using crude language if it's upsetting. Reading this back it seems incredibly snide, but I mean it honestly. You can take my foul language, but you can't take my images of terrible taxidermy.
Conti's aren't expensive if you buy them from the right place. I paid around ¥3500 per tyre for the sprinters and about 3700 for the gatorskins. I ordered four at a time so I would get free shipping.

Your language doesn't offend me. I'm just surprised at how often and liberally you use it ;) I tend to save it for when I'm a touch on the angry side otherwise I find it dilutes the meaning somewhat.

Conti's aren't expensive if you buy them from the right place. I paid around ¥3500 per tyre for the sprinters and about 3700 for the gatorskins. I ordered four at a time so I would get free shipping.

Your language doesn't offend me. I'm just surprised at how often and liberally you use it ;) I tend to save it for when I'm a touch on the angry side otherwise I find it dilutes the meaning somewhat.

I think my propensity to post regarding near-misses with the fair and decent folk* driving along Mejiro-dori means that I'm often very much a touch on the angry side when I post. I don't actually swear that much in day-to-day life.**

*by which I mean utter belms.
** hrnnngh. Debatable.

Anyway, sorry to derail this thread. We should create a thread to point to the best deals going on things like this. Would be super handy given that prices are all over the shop in Japan.

I use Continental Gatorskins for training. And Continental Competition for racing. I've used Corsa for racing before but I reckon the puncture risk is higher than Competition.

I got some Competition for 5 to 6,000 yen on Wiggle recently.

@leicaman where did you pick up the Gatorskins so cheaply?

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

I use Continental Gatorskins for training. And Continental Competition for racing. I've used Corsa for racing before but I reckon the puncture risk is higher than Competition.

I got some Competition for 5 to 6,000 yen on Wiggle recently.

@leicaman where did you pick up the Gatorskins so cheaply?

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time
I got them from Merlin cycles. They have since gone up in price a bit. I haven't checked recently but they were out of stock for quite some time a few months back

Back
Top Bottom