What's new

Visitor from London looking to join rides

William London

Cruising
Dec 23, 2012
Hi, I'm a member of London Dynamo cycle club in London and I'll be in Kawaguchi, Saitama with my wife and children, but would love to get out and ride with others any day from Thursday 27 December to Saturday 5 January.

Since I don't want to spend 2 weeks off my bike, I'm bringing it with me, and I'd be very grateful if others would ride with me and show me good rides in or around Saitama or Tokyo.

I've read some posts on this very helpful forum and found out that I need a rinko bukuro to take my bike on the train, so I have purchased one in case I need to take the train to/from any of the rides.

To give you some idea of my cycling ability, I have done several cyclosportive endurance events (in the UK and France) and am now a 3rd category rider (having recently won a 4th category race). I am happy doing fast, flat rides or climbs or a mixture of the two.

Above all, I'd like to meet and ride with other keen road cyclists.

Please let me know if there are any organised club rides or informal rides that I could join.

Thanks,
William

William welcome to TCC> Check out the postings and jump on. The Hakone ride is a great experience if you can duck out of family obligations. Really, rolling around on the carpet eating mikan and mochi isn't that much of an obligation is it?

Ekiden ride on 2 January

Simon, thanks. I searched on the forum and found the Ekiden ride on 2 January. That would be a great experience, so I will go for that.

But, if anyone wants to do any other rides, then please let me know either by posting on the forum or by sending me a PM.

Merry Christmas!

William this ride will be great but swap phone numbers with someone B4 the day and carry a copy of your passport and insurance as well as your contact details in Japanese in case you get lost. Have fun!

Actually I'd forego the official ID in case the police actually do apprehend or question you. It's better to have nothing on hand except - 'sorry, I don't speak a japanese ' . 'besa ma culo!'

Actually I'd forego the official ID in case the police actually do apprehend or question you. It's better to have nothing on hand except - 'sorry, I don't speak a japanese ' . 'besa ma culo!'

Unless the same cops want to contact your family cause you are in an operation due to a traffic accident. The other thing is they will arrest or detain you without ID.

Unless the same cops want to contact your family cause you are in an operation due to a traffic accident. The other thing is they will arrest or detain you without ID.

Yep - he speaks the truth. Very poor advice, as a visitor to another country its always best to carry ID anywhere in the world.

Back
Top Bottom