What's new

Ride Visiting Tokyo in May - looking for riding buddies/groups

spike05

Cruising
Jan 17, 2012
Hi All and akemashite omedetou,

I'll be visiting Tokyo for a 5 day cycling holiday from 14 to 18 May 2014 (Wednesday to Sunday). My wife doesn't want me to go off by myself so I am looking for someone or a group of (road) riders to tag along for day rides around Tokyo. I am thinking of staying in the Hachioji area, but am flexible. Have a possible lead for Sunday 18 May, but nothing yet for the first 4 days.

I'm 53 years old and also relatively fit (Hi Dave, pure coindicent). Love hills and climbing and prefer to spend as much time in the saddle/on the road as possible (100km+ no problem), including stops to enjoy scenery, food, etc. Love Japan, having been for several short breaks, including cycling around Yatsugatake and Ise.

Thanks and happy riding!
Cheers,
Christian

Hi Christian,

I think I will be able to take you for some riding at least on a few of the days (weekend). Hachioji area is a good starting point. Likely, I will take you to Otsuki and Enzan area as May is already quite warm.

Best,
Norm

Hi Norm,

Sounds fabulous, love the idea - thanks for the offer!
The Saturday (17 May) would be perfect, as I was hoping to ride with the guys from Positivo Espresso (Dave and Jerome) www.positivo-espresso.blogspot.com on Sunday. However, the latter is yet to be confirmed.

Cheers and look forward to meeting you,
Christian

I'm also in that area (down river a bit) and regularly ride into the hills thereabouts. Got you beat by a few years, though ;)

Looking forward to catching up, regardless of age :cool: Will be swapping to compacts before heading for the hills, though - at my age I'll need all the help I can get!

Welcome Christian, for future reference it's better to add 10 years to your age. (a) you will look young for your age, (b) if you can't keep up no one really expected you to and if you do they will likely buy you beer as a real mark of respect. I am assuming you're not really 43.

Why do I screw up names? Sorry Christian.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, Simon. Will bear that in mind. Mind you, I was feeling closer to 63 when I got up to ride this morning...
Christian

Back
Top Bottom