What's new

Visiting Tokyo in April...

O.Canuck

Warming-Up
Mar 19, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I've been surprised with a month long business trip to Tokyo in April, right in the midst of a build for Ironman Canada and a couple half-iron's in May/June/July so buying a bike box and bringing my road bike is the obvious solution.

Hopefully I'll be able to get out for a couple of the rides with you guys and not get dropped too badly, Shirashi-toge looks like one heck of a climb compared to what I'm used too.

Cheers,
Owen

Hi Owen, hope you'll have an enjoyable time here.

What will be the route of the Ironman you're training for? Do you have it online?

Hi Joe, Ironman Canada moved to Whistler this year on what should be a fun and challenging course with around 1300m of climbing, some technical descents, and around 70km of dead flat to go fast. It'll be my first Ironman, so I'm definitely on the side of doing more training than less. Here's the course: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/events/ironman/canada/course.aspx#axzz2OBZ8GfVO

I'm in Tokyo for 4 Saturdays and 3 Sundays and hope to make it up Shirashi-toge at least once, do the Ara-tone-edo (3 rivers) century that OwenJames posted, some laps around Oifuto and the Imperial Palace, and maybe an out and back along the Tama river... anything else I should consider? I'll be staying in the Shinagawa area so if there is anything to the south or west thats interesting, it should be a little easier to get too.

Cheers,
Owen

Hey,

I would be happy to do the Ara/Edo/Tone with you, if we can work out a date. Will make a nice change to all this climbing that is going off at the moment :)

Sounds great!

The 6th, 13th, 20th or if all else fails the 27th will work. I could squeeze it on a Sunday too but theres a Masters swim group in Shibuya that I'd like to train with Sunday afternoons.

Bike is packed, I leave tomorrow arriving Friday night. Probably will hit up Oifuto on Sunday for an easy couple hours.

Back
Top Bottom