What's new

Visiting Tokyo area

Georg Ockenfuss

Warming-Up
Mar 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am Georg and I am visiting Yokohama/Chigasaki the next 1 1/2 weeks (from Northern California). I am looking for an opportunity to get a ride in, ideally on the weekend (April 2nd - 3rd) . I am an avid cyclist, anything up to 120miles (200K) including hills would work. Can anyone please suggest some clubs or where can I look for rides besides this web page? I have no problem taking the train, as long as it is not too far and it is not during rush hours. Also if anyone would like to hook up with me and show me the area would be great, too.

Thank you very much!

Georg

P.S.: Sorry for posting on the 'Rides' page w/o actually suggesting any ride; trying to get familiar with this web site.

Hi Georg,

I'm sure there will be rides posted for that weekend next week(Heading north along the Arakawa to the hills in Northern Saitama). Plus you can try Half fast cycling they have a mailing list and are often doing a variety of longer and shorter, city and hilly rides.

Hi 'theBlob', thank you for the input. Will check the posts in the coming week. It looks like the weather forecast for the next weekend doesn't look too promising.
Georg

Back
Top Bottom