What's new

Visiting Japan

Foundry

Warming-Up
Mar 15, 2013
Hello all. I will be visiting Japan this September and plan on doing some cycling. I do enjoy both mountain biking and road riding. I will be primarily based in Tokyo, and wonder about renting bikes or bringing a bike with me? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
Chris.

What size? I sometimes have a couple of demos available for rental.

Hey John, the world is a very small place. Yes the route i posted is the usual Oak Bay Bike shop Saturday ride. Right now with the March winds, the rides have gotten even more exciting.

GSAstuto thanks for the reply, I would say around a 54cm in a road bike. Also good to see some other people using Strava!

PS here is my Saturday group ride, for those who care to have a look http://app.strava.com/activities/44659937

I have always loved that loop. Living in Japan now, I retroactively appreciate the lack of traffic lights ;)

Knowone, the world is getting even smaller! When did you move to Japan? Yes that is a very nice route we do on Saturday.

Knowone, the world is getting even smaller! When did you move to Japan? Yes that is a very nice route we do on Saturday.

I've lived in Japan off-and-on for 10 years, but have always enjoyed that route when I am back in Victoria.

GSAstuto I appreciate you looking into a bike for me. I was curious as to what brand of bike this might be? Thanks again.

knownone do you have any plans for visiting Victoria anytime soon? If so we should meet up and do that loop.

knownone do you have any plans for visiting Victoria anytime soon? If so we should meet up and do that loop.

I'm not sure exactly when I will be back again but I will let you know if it happens in the near future.

Hello all, I am happy to say I have a booked my flight to Japan. I will be arriving Sept 2 and staying until Sept 20. I do plan to do some riding, and wonder if there is a decent road bike to rent. Ideally it would be a 54 cm. I hope GSAstuto might be able to help me out? Thanks.

Tim (GSAstuto) will in Europe for another week, as he is currently riding Haute Route Alps 2013 (doing the 2nd of the 7 stages today).

Back
Top Bottom