What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! Viner steel frame 61cm

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Attic clearance: need space and funds for a new frame (my wife says they must come from the sale of bike-related items)

Specs:

- Viner steel frame (1995): frameset, incl. steel fork, I'll throw in the Nitto stem, bar and seat post
- 61 cm, top tube length c-c 59cm
- very good condition, uncrashed, 2,743km (no more, no less)

This frame was obviously produced by Viner in 1995, never used and imported to the US in the early 2000s. I bought it on Ebay.

Price:

- 40,000 JPY (frameset, fork, seat post, Nitto alu stem and bar)
- shipment extra (within Japan only), local pickup preferred

Contact me via PC (private conversation) for more info or if you want to see the frame.

9070741379_bcab7ce26b_c.jpg

9072030465_a4aa9475e2_c.jpg

Not knowing much about this, would it be possible to slap a Tiagra groupset on this? It could be a good way to replace a frame I have that's too small for me. Would need to get a suitable BB too etc. of course...

Or will I be asking for more trouble than it's worth?

Should be fine - 90s frames are pretty much always 130mm on the rear dropouts - fine for 8-10 speed. If you're using brifters, the only thing you'll need to get is the guides that attach to the DT shifter bosses.

Should be fine - 90s frames are pretty much always 130mm on the rear dropouts - fine for 8-10 speed. If you're using brifters, the only thing you'll need to get is the guides that attach to the DT shifter bosses.
Cheers, that sounds promising!

Back
Top Bottom