Very Interesting new training software

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Was sent this link by the guys over at the sufferfest, pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.trainerroad.com/

It's professional training software for indoor training and works with Ant+ technology to give you live feedback on your riding - it will also give a virtual power reading for those without power meters.

Looks very interesting.

astroman

Speeding Up
Mar 19, 2007
Shirokanedai, Tokyo
Was sent this link by the guys over at the sufferfest, pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.trainerroad.com/

It's professional training software for indoor training and works with Ant+ technology to give you live feedback on your riding - it will also give a virtual power reading for those without power meters.

Looks very interesting.
Been using it for the past six months and it is great. Mainly with Virtual Power but I did try it with my PT wheel a couple of times and the readings were consistent. Much cheaper than buying and training on a CompuTrainer. You just need to have a fluid trainer with a "power curve". The list was long and I was lucky that mine was listed. Have seen an decent increase in my FTP since starting along with some good results, so I think it works well. Usually watch a movie, TV show or a Sufferfest vid when I ride and the interface is good. And all very simple to set up and run.

Another great thing is that two regular guys came up with it and then threw in their jobs to work on it full time. They have made improvements with more still to come. Customer service, if needed, seems top rate.

Two thumbs up from me!

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
I just signed up and waiting for a Suunto USB/Ant Key. I really like the looks of this one. If not for anything else, just the integration with the Sufferfest Vids and potential to add in more training sessions or emulations as they go along. I hate trainers and will usually forego any kind of indoor workout if possible. This might encourage me more to get on the trainer or rollers! Now just need to get the projector and sound system fired up.