What's new

Velogames TdF 2016

Just made my team yesterday but will wait for the final confirmations before I join any leagues. Nothing more disturbing than fielding a team of DNSs.

I reckon the Frenchies will be running amuck this year with their young talent on fire while Mr. pistol has an asthma attack on stage 12 and retires. Sagan will launch a range of denim jackets mid tour and Steve Cummings will go on a one man breakaway and take a stage all by himself. In other news Porte will cry about no confidence from his team and regrets about leaving Sky while the robots in black deliver their leader, Mr mantisonabike to another victory. Colombians will be all over the shop, they are so in vogue right now.

i entered I have no idea how it works or who is who so I guess I picked a team of the only guys I know and I have a feeling they are all sprinters....o_O

I wonder who will cycle quick enough to be able to cycle quick enough up the final climb on Stage 2? (not a typo)

I will be in. Need to manage my "nutrition" better so that my team doesn't bonk after the first week this time.

Edit: going with 100% French guys. This is going to be awesome.

Editedit: Joined. Neither Voeckler nor r/olland are available to select for GC leader, which is garbage, but whatever. And @GrantT that is a marvelous effort on the team name front.

PITY IS TREASON.

voeckler1.jpg

Last edited:
There are still some team announcements to be made, so the Velogames roster is going to change. Don't give up hope on Rolland!
I did a Dauphine Velogames team (as preparation for the Tour of course) and had Pinot. He outdid Aru for GC underachiever award there. Too much TT training?

Last edited:
@GrantT I was just saying last night that Arthur Vichot has given me a selection crisis, but despite being new French champion, named Arthur Vichot, and riding for FDJ, even he may not be French enough to get into this team. I'm sure not going to bounce *wait for it* Sylvain Chavanel.

I'm in. I will be going with an all Spanish-speaking team. Feel it is really important that your team can communicate with each other....

In.

Team is a Brit/Eire fest, plus two others I like that aren't from 'The Isles'.

I will lose everything but have fun doing so...

What is this "fun" you speak of? All out war!

My avatar should show that I hold the Giro 2016 fantasy title, too. No "fun" was had in the taking of that crown either.

"I don't have fun. Actually, I had fun once. In 1962. I drank a whole bottle of Robitussin cough medicine and went in the back of a 1961 powder-blue Lincoln Continental to a James Brown concert with some Mexican friends of mine. I haven't had fun since. It's not a word I like. It's like Volkswagens or bell-bottoms, or patchouli oil or bean sprouts. It rubs me up the wrong way." -Tom Waits

Teams are set! Y'all had better double-check your rosters. I hear that many riders are dropping out already, renouncing opposition to the advance of progress and perfection of human endeavor symbolized by the imminent triumph of President Rolland and the members of his Committee of Public Safety.

L'étendard sanglant est levé!
L'étendard sanglant est levé!

My fools dropped their puffers in the the first 20 minutes and the team car got a flat... I'm almost last of the entire velogames standings ha ha ha!

But on the bright side contador isn't in my team. He wouldn't accept the team asthma requirements, insisted intravenous asthma meds are the way to go.

Last edited:
So since Cav was keeping the green points jersey warm for Sagan yesterday, does Sagan get to take home Cav's green skinsuit he wore on that stage? And while its still ripe with sweat as well since otherwise it would go cold?

That skinsuit was a crime, especially as he wasn't even leading the classification. And after (correctly) opting to go with black shorts while in yellow, too!

I believe Richie Porte had this problem a year ago--overmatching while in Froome's polka dots. The guy who's keeping the jersey warm for the real leader is required to look generally sheepish about it at all times.

The absolute last time I plumb for a rookie sprinter. Dead last in 4 leagues and third from bottom in another.

I'm never a feature at the start but watch my finish!

Back
Top Bottom