Van and driver need Narita needed for Canadian Medical Assistance Team

Jan 13, 2010
Victoria, BC
The Canadian Medical Assistance Team (CMAT) is heading for Japan this afternoon and they need a van and driver who is near Narita. If you know anyone who can help with this then please have them contact me at jdrowgym@yahoo.com and I will pass the info along to a friend who works with them. They expect to arrive in Narita sometime Monday evening or maybe Tuesday.

Thanks!

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
The Canadian Medical Assistance Team (CMAT) is heading for Japan this afternoon and they need a van and driver who is near Narita. If you know anyone who can help with this then please have them contact me at jdrowgym@yahoo.com and I will pass the info along to a friend who works with them. They expect to arrive in Narita sometime Monday evening or maybe Tuesday.

Thanks!
How big a van, what kind of help do they need?

I have a van, two actually, one Toyota and one small Subaru.

Do they just need a ride into Tokyo, or what?

Stu

Jan 13, 2010
Victoria, BC
Thanks! I've passed your offer on to my friend.

I suspect they are looking for a vehicle to use continuously for a week or more which may not work for you but if you are contacted then perhaps you know someone else who can arrange a longer usage.

I love the tremendous potential to match needs and offers through minimal degrees of separation on the internet.

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
I missed out the chance to help these guys out with the first team, but tomorrow my wife and I are driving our two vans to Narita to bring a four person team and their equipment to Tokyo. From Tokyo we are not sure how they will go north, might be by bus, or maybe the US military will be airlifting them.

Anyway, it is good to help out.

Cheers!

Jan 13, 2010
Victoria, BC
よかった!

Is that CMAT? I never heard anything back from them after I gave them your contact. Glad you were able to help.

I'm starting to think I might come to Japan in June if I can find something useful to do. I'll be keeping my eyes open for opportunities.

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
よかった!

Is that CMAT? I never heard anything back from them after I gave them your contact. Glad you were able to help.

I'm starting to think I might come to Japan in June if I can find something useful to do. I'll be keeping my eyes open for opportunities.
Yes, CMAT, this is an advance team.