What's new

USWE backpacks

I don't have any experience with USWE backpacks, I swear by Deuter backpacks, which are similarly priced. I just got a new Trans Alpine 30 with 30 liters of storage, although you can get smaller models, too. I also have a second, small, 12 liter backpack.

They are not constricting at all. You have a separate waist and chest strap, and when you adjust the location and width of the chest strap properly, it is as if nothing is there. Part of the chest strap has rubber band inserts and constricts a little. This is also where the loop for the drinking hose goes if you choose to put a bladder in your backpack.

Thanks for the suggestion @OreoCookie. The Deuter looks nice but too big for my taste.

Pulled the trigger last night on the USWE pack, will probably post a review after I spend some time on them. Cheers!

Deuter has plenty of sizes ranging from a mere 6l to 32l. The two I own have 12 liters and 30 liters, respectively. Please post a review, though.

got the uswe airborne 15 last week and used it on a 1 ride so far

initial thoughts
- i have a relatively wide chest (read : fat), and had to adjust the top and bottom harness to their limit lol. felt constricting initially but did not notice them on the actual ride.
- chest "latch"(?) mechanism is made of hard thick plastic, wondering how long it will last because it is one of the stress points.
- they did not move with the but i am not sure how it will do with an overloaded pack. i brought my wallet, house keys, multi tool, spare tube, a pump, adjustable wrench, a water bottle (did not use the bladder but kept it in the bag), some nikuman and a banana and it felt very stable.
- can't access anything from the bag while you are wearing it; you might have to shell out some $$$ for the phone pouch. i used a dakine nomad before where you can at least access the side pouches while wearing it.
- i think they are good for trail riding but not for overnight bike camping trips; you might be yearning for more space.

next up will try wearing my gimbal and go pro setup with the uswe, some riders have success with it (bcpov in youtube). i have the stuntman and the gopro harness, will see what is best to use keeping in mind the way the uswe harness is positioned (stuntman has a bigger plastic backplate compared to the gopro chesty).

having said all this, uswe is at 50% off on their website (https://www.uswe-sports.com/global) at the moment (i am no in no way affiliated with this brand).

bcpov is a good dude. He was here this past year and relatively no ego. Just another rider trying to support his habit.
If you have questions, I am sure he has no issues giving you an opinion.

His page if you didn't already know
https://www.facebook.com/bcpov/

Back
Top Bottom