What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Solved Used tubular parts

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
Edit: I'm pretty much sorted for tubbies now. I'll edit this post again should something change.

I'm building up a Cervelo Soloist and I'm looking for some used tubular parts (rims, hubs, tires, spokes) that I can make some light wheels with. I'm new to wheel building and tubulars, so I'm looking for something cheap that I can make my mistakes on and hopefully learn something along the way.
Ideally I'd like 38mm rims (but I'm certainly open to other sizes) , bladed spokes, hubs around 300g/pair and tires with some life still in them, so if you have some serviceable used tubular bits that you are willing to part with then please let me know.

Last edited:
You are going to extremely lucky to get spokes the right length second hand.

You will need to measure up the other parts first, then decide on a lacing pattern to dictate the length of the spokes.

Having said that, I do have a LOAD of spare spokes in my possession, so when you work out what lengths you need, post back here and I will see if I have anything to match.

I have some 38mm FarSports tubular rims that might be alright; I will need to check them for melting, but if they are OK, then you can buy them from me if you want.

I also have an Extralite Ultrafront SPM which I might be up for selling, but that is definitely not a budget item...

...budget in a tension metre, spoke prep, spoke key, spoke blade holder, roll of electrical tape and truing stand too, if you are going to start building yourself. :)

I've got some 38 tubular a I (read: my wife) would be happy to part with they might be perfect for you.

TCC has some rims that I'm interested in , but if that doesn't work out then I'd certainly be interested in your tubulars, could you give me some more information on the wheels and/or parts that you've got please.

I sold a pair of carbon tubular rims to @Conrad yesterday. Payment was received promptly and without hassle, as arranged.

Cheers Conrad!

Back
Top Bottom