Wanted used carbon road frameset

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
I take a 57cm TT on a regular bike, compact fit about a ML in the Giants. Does anyone have a beaten up frame that they want to off load? I was actually looking at some cheap Chinese road frames but thought I'd ask here first. Truth is I don't really need another frame but if something turns up I might pull the trigger. Good excuse to upgrade my main roadie to either SRAM or SHIMANO. Never had a road Shimano groupset as the last one i tried in 1995 was a plastic feeling Dura Ace with horrible cables sticking out the sides, after using Record, no way!

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
A little reluctantly, and only because nobody else has yet piped up: Avoid a beaten-up carbon frame. Rather, a pristine carbon frame, or a beaten-up not-carbon frame.
Thanks for the heads up. I am well aware of what a carbon failure can do. New carbon can also fail but honestly, reports of carbon failure get over hyped where steel failure gets less noise. This frame is primarily for a training stand and obviously if it is too badly damaged I'll leave it in there all the time. Pefrectly happy to trust anyone on this forum who sells me a bike to give me the full facts, remember we know where people live and what they look like.

And this is because you have some kind of knowledge on the subject of carbon manufacturing or because the intraweb told you so.
I am guessing the latter but it was a thoughtful gesture to give a fellow member a heads up.