What's new

XF2.2 Upgrade to XF2.2

I have a stupid question: how do I manually copy and paste quotes with the new design? I have been on bulletin boards since 1999 or 2000, and this is the first time I am having issues.

There were some changes in XF 2.2.2 but you can still quote manually (I assume you are referring to touch screens).

Mobile:

quote01.jpg

Desktop:

quote02.jpg

Insert by clicking the "Quote" button:

quote03.jpg

However, a simple 'Copy & Paste' job does not seem to add the quote tags anymore.

Yesterday and this morning, we upgraded the forum, the first-party add-ons, the Classifieds add-on and the style. In case you notice any glitches or issues, please report them here. :)

For any other suggestions, ideas, complaints, please open a new thread. Thanks! 🧐

Yesterday and this morning, we upgraded the forum, the first-party add-ons, the Classifieds add-on and the style. In case you notice any glitches or issues, please report them here. :)

For any other suggestions, ideas, complaints, please open a new thread. Thanks! 🧐
Thanks Thomas - BTW I was wondering how do you fund the site as I assume there are some costs for hosting?

@SJ1, thanks for asking. I'm funding the server and the license fees out of my pocket. We are running ads for guests but the days when Adsense provided some serious income are ancient history. Currently, Adsense covers a little more than 10 per cent of the monthly hosting and licensing fees.

I am reluctant to clutter our websites with more Google ads, so I'm considering a donation button or (voluntary) paid membership for those willing to support the TCC. :)

We have just upgraded the forum and the classifieds add-on to their latest versions. Please report any glitches or errors right here.

Thank you. :)

We have upgraded the forum and the media gallery to the latest version of the software. Please post any glitches or inconsistent behaviour (referring to the software) right here.

Thank you!
Thanks as always, Thomas!

Question, @thomas: I was trying to edit my profile signature; previously I used BBCODE that included a link and an image; these now seem to get removed whenever I save a BBCODE signature and only text remains for the link (no hyperlink). Did the signature become more restricted at some point? The WYSIWYG editor buttons for the signature don't include any support for images or links, it seems...

I was trying to edit my profile signature; previously I used BBCODE that included a link and an image; these now seem to get removed whenever I save a BBCODE signature and only text remains for the link (no hyperlink). Did the signature become more restricted at some point? The WYSIWYG editor buttons for the signature don't include any support for images or links, it seems...

Hi Joe,

links, images and a lot of BBCode were disabled in signatures. I have re-enabled them for registered users. Please let me know if that solves the issues. :)

Hi Joe,

links, images and a lot of BBCode were disabled in signatures. I have re-enabled them for registered users. Please let me know if that solves the issues. :)
Thanks, Thomas! It works :)

Hi @thomas.

When composing posts in Safari browser, if I drag-and-drop an image file into the message the image gets inserted at the top line of the message instead of the point where I drop it. I then have to manually move the image to where I want it, which is annoying enough for me to write this report ;-)

In Chrome browser, drag-and-drop of images works as I'd expect.

Might just be my config, but I've tried on two Macs with the same results.

I won't demand a refund...

That behaviour has already been reported to the developers. Obviously, Safari is not fully compliant with the latest standards. So that's where you can get your refund. ;)

That behaviour has already been reported to the developers. Obviously, Safari is not fully compliant with the latest standards. So that's where you can get your refund. ;)
Same thing on the sister site--my workaround has been to add the pic first, then get the cursor back at the top, hit return a couple times, back to top and start adding text. (desktop, not mobile)

Back
Top Bottom