What's new

Official Ride Upcoming rides for 2011?

Doomith

Warming-Up
Nov 27, 2010
Hi all,
I might be looking at coming over to Japan for some riding mid next year, just wondering if there are any rides coming up around April that I could join?

Thanks all!

Welcome to the forums Doomith,

In response to your question, unfortunately cycling in April is prohibited under the Japanese road safety articles 342b section 12 -13.

So sorry to say there are absolutely no rides in April.

Check back nearer the time!?

In response to your question, unfortunately cycling in April is prohibited under the Japanese road safety articles 342b section 12 -13.

I think you're having a joke with!
Looks like I'll come near the end of the year anyway :p

Don't worry...

I think you're having a joke with!
Looks like I'll come near the end of the year anyway :p

Even though we're not allowed, there are a few groups of us who sneak out and head for the hills in April.

'Course he's kidding! April is one of the best months - Coming into spring, the air is usually crisp, but not too cold. The only downside is the amount of pollen being blown off the cedar trees is a huge cause of hay-fever.

Other than that though ....:bike::bike::bike::bike:

Hahah nice one!

Looks like if I can afford it (after going the USA in August) I'll come near the end of the year, hopefully before it gets too cold!

Pardon me for my ignorance...

does this regulation apply to offraod trails?

Only on April 1st.

Mate that's not funny! You trying to get these guys arrested?

April is host to several national holidays, in particular helped the aged, I'm not sure where this quirky tradition comes from but basically they close all off-road and mountain trails off to everyone except those of retirement age.

If you are an OAP in your home country you will be allowed access to the trails if you are able to produce either your passport proving you are of retirement age or pension allowance book. (This will need to be translated by an official service such as your embassy)

Now it seems that they close off the trails for the OAP population to allow them the pleasures of recreational hiking and walking without the risk of injury from trail runners, XC MTB riders ect, whom they feel destroy the natural beauty of the scenery and pleasure of the season, don't worry about the concrete walkways, bull dozers, cranes, pachinko palours and vending machines scattered over the scenery and the people with mega phones screaming at Mountains, sunrises and anything else that looks remotely tranquil, aparently its something uniquely Japanese that we can't hope to comprehend, my daughter said she half gets it, but not quiet.

But recently the UN and certain organisations are claiming that it is an effort by the Japanese Government to kill off the elderly population here in Japan as they are unable to pay the national pensions, the forests at the base of Mt. Fuji is witness to this as the greying nation is urge to:"Let's Challenge!" and "No Reason!" and climb the famous iconic mountain from the base up many of whom never make it out of the woods.

If you do decide to ride in April and have your pension book let me know and I can probably help you get it translated by an official translation service.

Back
Top Bottom