What's new

'Unique' cycling jerseys in Tokyo?

kyoazu

Maximum Pace
Nov 5, 2014
Sorry for the pretentiousness of the title, I couldn't think of any other way to phrase it.

Hello all! I'm headed down to Tokyo today on the look for my first cycling jersey. I was wondering if anyone knows any shops that sell jerseys like this one? If not, does anyone know of any shops that have a wide selection of jerseys?

I plan to check out Y's road Ikebukuro and Nalsima in Harajuku at least. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 59
There's a Y's Road in Shinjuku dedicated to cycling wear.
It has a much better selection of jerseys than Ikebukuro (not sure about 'unique' jerseys, though)!

Cheers! I didn't manage to get down to Tokyo today; will check it out when I go down later next week.

About 'unique' jersey, I guess any jersey with some nice prints or design on it. I don't mind team jerseys but I haven't found one that's suited me so far. Maybe I'm too picky?

Pandani have a good selection and they're located 100m South of Nalshima so may be worth a look (although they're not cheap). Y's seem to have a different selection in each branch - I know the Ikebukuro store has a range of Yowamushi Pedal jerseys.

@GrantT Aren't these Chinese remakes of classic team jerseys? I did buy one jersey a while back from Yahoo Auction (think it was this seller), and although the design was good, I'm pretty sure it's not a real "Santini"!

@Nizhniynovgorod Think of it like a second hand clothing store in Shimokitazawa, but for cycling jerseys, but online. I have bought 5 or 6 from this seller and they were all random amateur club jerseys, all different cuts, all different fabrics.

Or course, can't say none of this seller's jerseys are replicas, but it must be a maniacally dedicated Chinese factory putting out so many with such randomness.

There is a seller on yahoo auction that sells some interesting jerseys.

http://sellinglist.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/user/tradies100das

I've found the measurements given are reliable. My tip is to only go for ones that pinch in a bit near the bottom as it shows the elastic is still okay. Also, if you are not a gym rat the ones with visually thinner arms are better.

Thanks, I see some really nice designs here! Sorry for the ignorance, but can you give me an example of a jersey that pinches near the bottom? Something like this?

Pandani have a good selection and they're located 100m South of Nalshima so may be worth a look (although they're not cheap). Y's seem to have a different selection in each branch - I know the Ikebukuro store has a range of Yowamushi Pedal jerseys.

@GrantT Aren't these Chinese remakes of classic team jerseys? I did buy one jersey a while back from Yahoo Auction (think it was this seller), and although the design was good, I'm pretty sure it's not a real "Santini"!

Cheers! I checked out Pandani when I was Tokyo last and they had some decent jerserys, but I couldn't find something I liked enough to justify the cost. I'll see what Y's Ikebukuro have next time I'm down there.

Yeah, I should have thought, what with prices so much cheaper than retail. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom