What's new

Unable to start a new thread

snoogly

Maximum Pace
Oct 14, 2007
I keep getting an error message.

(This post is a kind of test, as if it succeeds the issue may have gone away ....)

OK, so I could post here, but when I try to start a new thread in the General Forum I get this error message:
-----------------------------

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /bbs/newthread.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-------------------------------------------------------

The message I am trying to post does contain hyperlinks, which seems to have been at the bottom of these issues:
https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=2585

I didn't find a solution in that thread though ....

Try to post without linking any URLs, then add your links to a second post. I see what I can do.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Will do. I am at work now, and don't have the info, but I will try again later today.:rolleyes:

Seems to work for me as long as I do not use the "insert link" function.

I have some rather strong empirical to back the claim up:

I failed miserably 19 times last night when trying to "insert links". Trouble shooting can be fun but so is counting.

Succeeded on the first attempt without "insert links" this morning and immediately thought this is going to be a great day

Some hyperlinks are acceptable, and some aren't. I've yet to find the patience to work out criteria for what will work and what won't. But the error messages are very misleading!:mad:

If you remove the URL tag the links do get posted.

I have already contacted my server wizards, I believe it's a configuration issue. Sorry about the inconvenience. :eek:uch:

Update: posts with up to three hyperlinks seem to be fine, too. I have to check if we have any modifications in place that prevent posting more links.

We have slightly tweaked the server configuration, I hope that's solved the issue. I'm on the iPhone now, so unable to test. Looking forward to your feedback.

Successfully posted, omitting 'insert links', and just pasting in URLs. :D

Thanks Thomas, normal service has been resumed for me, even using the "insert link" button everything is working.

AW.

Back
Top Bottom