What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! Ultralight KCNC C3 Angle Brake caliper set new (black) BARGAIN

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
Famous among weight weenies, these brakes weigh around half of Ultegra 8000 ones. Paid around 200EUR for them, delivered last night and mounted just once. Never ridden. In the end, I realized I'm too perfectionist about my brakes (for some reason could not get both pads at a time perfectly aligned with my rims) and too used to Shimano (for example, these do not seem to have the left-right micro adjustment bolt, but only what you can do by hand and adjusting the main caliper mount bolt). So I'm cutting the losses and letting these go after less than 24 h for half of what I paid for them, but them's the breaks ;) - 13,000 yen for pick-up or 14,000 yen shipped to an address in Japan.

I'll give you the complete full set, original box and all parts, blue Swissstop brake pads and a spare 2 pairs of cork ones for carbon rims. Just as shown in this video. Mine are weighed below with washers and mount bolts, hence 1-2g heavier than in the video. One disclaimer and warning: I've rounded one brake shoe bolt on the rear caliper, when trying to do it to torque. They specify 7Nm for these, but it was around 6.5Nm on my wrench when it gave way. These are very light and delicate materials, so maybe better to go only up to 80% of the specs for tightening - perhaps 6Nm for brake shoes. Although rounded, the bolt can be undone easily (for example by melting some plastic into it and then screwdrive it out when it hardens etc.) and replacement is pretty simple to obtain. First come first served...

IMG_20180721_092213_7CS.jpg

IMG_20180720_210428.jpg

IMG_20180720_200324.jpg

Not sure how to edit the title in this new layout, but these are SOLD - just handed them out this evening.

Back
Top Bottom