What's new

Tech Ultegra 6800 & DA9000 mix

Oh maybe I should post pics of the magnesium and titanium goodness that TRP sent me yesterday.

Red and white goodness? Thought you might have went F160mm and R140mm goodness this season. Maybe next.

Red and white goodness? Thought you might have went F160mm and R140mm goodness this season. Maybe next.

Oh white and gold goodness - last season I never once experienced the desire to stop faster, only go faster thus why no F160 or R140's

1150373_10151678736269247_1369384006_n.jpg

I love GOLD!

at least Praxis works seem to be making a decent bb
May I ask where you've been able to source the Praxis BB and roughly how much?

Also keen to hear of your future experience with it (easy to fit, doesn't creak, etc). I'm considering to swap from my BB30 Sram red later in the year to a DA9000 when I go 11speed but was always put off by the BB30 adapters

May I ask where you've been able to source the Praxis BB and roughly how much?

Also keen to hear of your future experience with it (easy to fit, doesn't creak, etc). I'm considering to swap from my BB30 Sram red later in the year to a DA9000 when I go 11speed but was always put off by the BB30 adapters
Sure, I found it in stock at Y's road in ochanomizu. None of the other shops around seem to have heard of it. It wasn't cheap at 8900 but it seems comparable to the price abroad. Will let you know how it goes when it is fitted (hopefully this weekend). Can't wait to get the 9000 installed (or penetrated as @saibot likes to say ;) )

I'm sure your riding skills are pretty damn good but your photo skills leave a lot to be desired ;)

I got distracted will post pics of the Canti's later.

Got the crank installed yesterday at Y's road in Shiki by Nozawa San. Super nice guy. It was the first time he had ever fitted a Praxis OSBB so I helped him out with the instructions as they were only in English. I've decided that it would be just plain wrong to mix Ultegra with DuraAce so I've made the executive decision to save up for the full DuraAce groupset (apart from the cassette which will be Ultegra 11speed).

Was asked for a fitted pic of the crank so here you go. No pics of the BB though as it is pretty damn hard to see (and makes for super boring viewing :) )

IMG_1601.jpg

shimano-da9000-front-mech-zoom.jpg

next

Yes because even though its blurred we can all make out that its a 105 front mech in the photo....the shame!

Put off by them? Which ones did you look at?

Read a tonne of reviews at the time on the various shim-type BB30 converter inserts. So many postings complaining of creaking once the crank was fitted. Seems you can reduce the problem by using sealing compounds, but you'll (almost) never get the converter out again if you do (if you later wanted to fit a BB30 crank)

Back
Top Bottom