UK Olympic Bikes 2012

Wolfman

Speeding Up
Jul 31, 2007
Suginamiku
but the US uniform also just about made me puke. Reminded me of Guardian Angels meets Sailor Moon.

It was certainly an interesting kit, reminding me of cub scouts. At least they looked smart though.

I kind of liked the Japanese red blazer with white trousers. That had a nice effect.

The French team won I think with their bright blue ties, white shirts and dark jackets. That was a classy combination.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
The Olympic uniform of the UK team for the ceremony looked really skanky, straight from a shopping centre in Chelmsford or Dagenham. Did McCartney also design that?

On the bike, in itself I don't see what's so wrong with it. It is like these black carbon things that people are riding nowadays. The stem is really interesting; also the top tube and the drop off from the headset. They have paid so much attention to aerodynamics but the front brake calipers are still exposed. I thought the trend nowadays was for them to be embedded within the forks. The cabling also looks quite messy.

In 5 years time I guess most TCCers will be on similar looking bikes.
Why wait 5 years and why get some dodggy Chinese clone?

You can already buy them direct through the British Cycling Federation

http://www.uksport.gov.uk/pages/cycling/

and I highly doubt your chinese factory have had a clone of this for 6 months - It was a closely guarded secret as it wwas designed and built in the UK and was only released to the public a few weeks before the games.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Sorry Joe, I'm not quiet sure what you point is?

Wolfman

Speeding Up
Jul 31, 2007
Suginamiku

and I highly doubt your chinese factory have had a clone of this for 6 months - It was a closely guarded secret as it wwas designed and built in the UK and was only released to the public a few weeks before the games.
I'm not sure what the diffusion curve is like on new bikes but I guess that most people don't buy bikes that regularly. 5 years seems like a fairly good guess for people getting a new steed or one with such a unique design.

By this count, I am due a new bike exactly now. I wouldn't for the life of me pay for a bike like that though...

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
"Availability
The equipment outlined in this document is manufactured in the UK to order by hand consequently lead time from order to delivery can sometimes be long." (aka 'The Cheese Shop')

Let's see with probably more than 90% of the world's riders on 'Dodgy Chinese Frames' I don't think the risk is too great.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
I'm not sure what the diffusion curve is like on new bikes but I guess that most people don't buy bikes that regularly. 5 years seems like a fairly good guess for people getting a new steed or one with such a unique design.

By this count, I am due a new bike exactly now. I wouldn't for the life of me pay for a bike like that though...
Neither would I ...FUGLY.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
"Availability
The equipment outlined in this document is manufactured in the UK to order by hand consequently lead time from order to delivery can sometimes be long." (aka 'The Cheese Shop')

Let's see with probably more than 90% of the world's riders on 'Dodgy Chinese Frames' I don't think the risk is too great.
The point Im making is the factory you OEM from doesn't have these frames - something similar maybe but not clones.

Yes there is a wait but I don't think 5 years ....although if British Rail is anything to go by it could be close.