What's new

Uber Eats

CoffinDodger

Speeding Up
Dec 4, 2008
Do you have any advice or stories on working for Uber Eats? I'm thinking about applying but could I put that backpack on a rack? Seems like summer would be a massive bummer...

Do you have any advice or stories on working for Uber Eats? I'm thinking about applying but could I put that backpack on a rack? Seems like summer would be a massive bummer...

This guy here has got a pretty nice setup.

Edit - They make you buy the bag here, right?

Seems the reason most aren't using a rack is body suspension for fragile meals. I can understand that to a point.

How many hours a week are you looking at putting in to this? Would be a fun job if you're only looking for pocket money on top of other work. If I was doing this as my main line of work, I'd rather use a scooter or even a car - higher overheads tho.

Seems like 3 hours over lunchtime and 4 hours in the evening are the hot times. In theory I could cover all those hours, since i'm technically unemployed or as my wife puts it unemployable

Seems like 3 hours over lunchtime and 4 hours in the evening are the hot times. In theory I could cover all those hours, since i'm technically unemployed or as my wife puts it unemployable
Hope it all works out. You're not unemployable, especially if you're willing to get out there on your bike and work. All the best!

So maybe 9 hours a day working time. That's not so bad for someone who actually enjoys riding a back (as I imagine you do). I actually considered doing this job myself a while back. What potential does your area have for deliveries? I've only seen one or two people out in Kawagoe so I guess not many people are doing it yet around here. Kawagoe is also pretty spread out so that might mean long trips to make deliveries and less pay per hour.

A guy I know who is normally a bike messenger who said he's been doing Uber Eats recently because the pay is so good. This is in central Tokyo, plus he's a bike messenger so knows how to save time in traffic.

Kenta was in Omiya, midweek, midday. He was online for 6 hours and made under 2,000JPY

I don't think he really thought too much about it before he chose to work within those parameters.

We need @saibot to do one.

Back
Top Bottom