What's new

Two Weeks Off The Bike..... SUCKS!

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
I'm back riding the bike and tugging my trailer to do deliveries.

A while back I took a contract from Cirque du Soleil to work on some chairs that are used in one of their shows Kooza. I started in early July on this and ended last week with a trip to Osaka (where the show relocated) for the final fit with the artists who use these chairs.

chair_before_after.jpg

Here is a before/after pic, with the fixed chair being in the foreground. Total of 8 chairs and all told I put 151 paid hours into this project.

kooza_osaka_chair_8_stack_2.jpg

A pic of all 8 chairs on the tower on stage during one of the adjustment sessions.
They are very pleased with my work, and it has been a great adventure to work with/for them.

The thing is the last two weeks, I was not on the bike at all, and yesterday I had a chiropractor appointment and then I had a lot of deliveries, all told I did about one hour and 45 minutes of riding for only 30Km, not a bad first day back, but I was really surprised to see how sore my legs were today, and how tired I was. It does not take long off the bike to see things slip backwards I guess.

Now if this freaking typhoon would just go away..... :mad:

I hope to post more and RIDE more too!

Cheers!

Wow... There must have been a whole bunch of detailed specs with dimensions, weight balance and strength, yeah? I'd hate to have to build a chair on which someone's life depended :eek:

I was riding nearly every day when the summer started, but ended up only riding once or not at all in the two weeks up to last Saturday. I felt great on my bike, but at the end of the day had sore body parts I never got in the past. The palms of my hands were sore like they developed blisters, the top - outside parts of my calves were tight and my right knee felt a bit wonky. I was worried it might be worse the next day, but had a hot bath when I got home, a good night's sleep and was fine the next day. Had a chance to go for a 'short' ride yesterday and it was awesome. The time on the hills on Saturday must have really paid off. I am sure you'll be back in fine form before long!

So this was that extra job you took on -- congratulations!

John D.

Edit....

Stu, just say you ran away and joined the circus for the last two weeks!
But the chair story is pretty cool too!:cool:

Stu, just say you ran away and joined the circus for the last two weeks!
But the chair story is pretty cool too!:cool:

Thanks, and I will tell you, it was very tempting, they were constantly offering me a job, they pay very well you know :D

Wow, well impressed with the chairs Stu!
Terry the Kiwi who was on the Omiya ride with us and I are going to Fuji area for the w/e. If you'd like to join Sunday we plan on riding around Fuji - about 140k I think. We won't be hurrying. Saturday afternoon we will cycle round Yamanakako and stay here http://www.mfi.or.jp/mtfujihostel/ which a few TCCers have recommended. If Terry has Monday off we will stay on and ride to the fifth station. Anyone else welcome to join us. I'm a novice hill climber so won't be fast.

Wow, well impressed with the chairs Stu!
Terry the Kiwi who was on the Omiya ride with us and I are going to Fuji area for the w/e. If you'd like to join Sunday we plan on riding around Fuji - about 140k I think. We won't be hurrying. Saturday afternoon we will cycle round Yamanakako and stay here http://www.mfi.or.jp/mtfujihostel/ which a few TCCers have recommended. If Terry has Monday off we will stay on and ride to the fifth station. Anyone else welcome to join us. I'm a novice hill climber so won't be fast.

I'd love to go, but this weekend I have work on Saturday and on Sunday we are having a new sign installed at the L shop, and I have to be there for that, someone has to watch these boneheads, or they will put the darn thing on upside down..... no really, don't laugh, they can be that stupid.... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom