What's new

Twin Ring Motegi 100km or 5hr Enduro - 1/4/2011

Doug3

Maximum Pace
Jun 24, 2010
I just checked the registration for the Motegi Race on Tuesday January 4th. There are still openings in the 100km Expert, 100km 40-49, and 5hr Team entries. Entry closes on Friday this week (10th).

I am going to sign up for the 100km 40-49, unless I can get a couple of people together who would like to join me for the 5hr enduro. If there is a lot of interest, maybe we could have a couple of TCC teams.

Anyone out there want to join up?

I've done this the last 3 years and really enjoyed it (well, except for flatting last year), but don't think I can do it this year :(. Really like the circuit, nice and wide and a goodish shallow climb that is selective but which you don't have to be a goat to keep up on. Nice cycling roads in that area too, if you make a weekend of it.

I've done this the last 3 years and really enjoyed it (well, except for flatting last year), but don't think I can do it this year :(. Really like the circuit, nice and wide and a goodish shallow climb that is selective but which you don't have to be a goat to keep up on. Nice cycling roads in that area too, if you make a weekend of it.

I heard that this year they are going anti-clockwise... ie a sharp uphill then a nice longish downhill. That would suit me more but I'm in no shape to do it at the moment.

A lot from Semas going. It is a great way to start the year...even if there is some snow up there.

I heard that this year they are going anti-clockwise... ie a sharp uphill then a nice longish downhill. That would suit me more but I'm in no shape to do it at the moment.

Ah, interesting. That's the much faster direction, in my experience--the Eco Classic enduro went that way, and though the hill is much steeper you can power over it and recover on the long descent, as you say.

What are you doing next Saturday, by the way? We'll be swinging close to your neck of the woods...

Ah, interesting. That's the much faster direction, in my experience--the Eco Classic enduro went that way, and though the hill is much steeper you can power over it and recover on the long descent, as you say.

What are you doing next Saturday, by the way? We'll be swinging close to your neck of the woods...

Was thinking of head butting you along the Tone...
Will see how the week pans out...and the weather.

What the schucks - I signed up for this - saw they had space open for the 50+ category.

Hmmmm interested in a job as a lead out man?

I thought that would be misconstrued....but I don't mind a bit of nudge nudge when I can see the line in front of me...years of playing rugby. The goal line is the try line and I have the ball. Got to work on my sprinting muscles today. (haven't ridden much lately but that will change tomorrow). Today it was weightlifting steps off the front porch....

If I ride Saturday....
As I'll be heading down river with the sun in my eyes, :cool: I'm likely to head butt those heading upstream. No animosity intended.

What the schucks - I signed up for this - saw they had space open for the 50+ category.

Alright Tim. If I don't get any other takers soon, we can work together in the 100km ride.

Great! We can be Team Titanium!

Alright Tim. If I don't get any other takers soon, we can work together in the 100km ride.

Signed Up for 100km Road Race

OK, I signed up for the 100km Road Race in the 40-49 age category with the official team name of Tokyo Cycling Club.

Tim and Mike will also be there?... Any others?

Thanks Doug. Now I think I see. I thought we were talking about a team (relay) entry, but in fact it's individual entries. Right? If so then I'm not so keen. Don't want to ride as fast as possible for 100km without beer stops. Got a reputation to live down to... you understand!

If anyone's interested in doing the 5-hour team thing just for fun (motto: let's try and finish this without dying or crashing) then let's talk.

--HF Mike--

I was trying to get a total of 3 people to do the 5hr enduro, if not, then do the 100km individually.

I did not feel there was a lot of interest, so went ahead with the 100km.

However, if you can get 1 or 2 or 3 more, sign up a team. We would be riding on the track at the same time and could still work together at some point.

Entered in individual 100k. Will be driving up on the 3rd and staying just down the road from the track.
Probably room for at least 1 rider and bike if anyone needs a lift.

I may be interested in the ride up from T-town. Luckily I got my flu shots - and just coming off a bad case of bronchitis - so have a few weeks to peak up for this. I'm registered for the 100km 50+ category. Hope its not too lonely out there.

Back
Top Bottom