What's new

Tuesday November 8th - Ashigara - Mikuni - Yamanakako - Doshi Michi

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
A break off from the thread that Owen started so easier to follow. Several of us will be riding out from Shin-Matsuda station on Tuesday.

Route: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/80737280
Meeting Place: Shin-Matsuda Station - North Exit
Meeting Time: 08:00 leaving at 08:30

今回の基本コースはこちらです ⇒ http://connect.garmin.com/activity/80737280
集合場所: 新松田駅 (Shin-Matsuda)
出発時間: 8:00(これを目標にお集まり下さい。)
tel : 090-6012-0525

I recently did this this ride in reverse with novice riders but did the turn around at lake Yamanako. I wouldn't actually say there is anything that is going to kill you on this ride and I did it on a 53/49 and 11/27 drive train and there were several ladies riding standard cranks as well.

Many people have mentioned that there are few places to stop on the Doshi-Michi but there are plenty of vending machines, rest stops and a Convini at either end of the stretch of road. I would suggest two bottles and some riding snacks.

James, Doshimichi is the easy part. Ashigara Toge and even more so Mikuni Toge are the killers. Remember reports of Sergei's last TCC tour which ended with only five survivors? The first part of that ride was exactly the same, followed by a few more passes (but less steep ones). The temperature is now much better than what it was back then, but still - be prepared...

If weather is like today , I'll definitely join on this. It's possible also to arrange a test ride on our Ultegra Di2 - but let me know quickly. It's a size 520 x 540 so will fit anyone between 165 - 180 cm roughly.

Wish I could join this, but I have work on Tuesday that cannot be rescheduled...:(

Really looking forward to next chance to meet you guys on a ride.
(Hope your back pain will be OK for riding soon, Ludwig!)

Eugen

Weather is looking good. I will arrive to the station shortly after 8 and be ready to roll by 8:30.

See you tomorrow.

Best wishes Ludwig! I'd hope you didn't need a surgical option - but if it corrects your issue, then by all means, Godspeed! My father (late 70's) FINALLY had operation to repair rotator cuff related injury(s) that extended back more than 40yrs - it was the best thing ever! He had lost almost complete motion of his right arm and the pain all through his arm and back was making him nearly invalid. Now - he's back golfing , driving and even a little flying! Within 6mo of the surgery.

Thanks for your wishes. It will be a while though. Need to have surgery first, then see how long recovery takes.

Thanks for the best wishes! It will be minimally invasive - everything happens through needles. First discography, then IDET (if you want to google). I'll report back afterwards. The chance of things getting worse as a result are reportedly next to nil, and the chance of getting (much?) better at least 50 percent. I don't want to think about the other 50 percent...

BTW, I found that hiking helps a lot at least with temporary pain relief. Had two nice, long hikes on Thursday and Saturday. Not a bad change, even though the cardiovascular work out is much more limited. Muscle ache though all the bigger!

Back
Top Bottom