What's new

Training Ride Tuesday Morning Tama Training Thread

Another Special Edition THURSDAY Tama Hills Ride!

I am still feeling silly happy after Tuesday's ride so why not let the silliness continue. Let me know below if you are up for this. I'm counting on alarm clock expertise and no excuses. @sean-e , @thooms , @Sven, @bspitz, @TheSaeubrenner, @Mfebrian and anyone else willing and able - let's do this!

Date: Thursday March 26th

Time 1: 5:30 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 1: Under Futako Bridge Link (opposite side of river to Giant store.)

Time 2: 5:45 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 2: Link

Return time: 7:00 at spot 2, 7:15 at spot 1

Just rode a brisk 160km today so I'm not going to have any kick... but will try to at least wake up on time tomorrow.

Since my shot at the hills will be slim, perhaps I can tempt @wexford into a pushup challenge on top of Yomiuriland...

We had 3 again this morning for a rather epic spin. Yes, @sean-e pretended to be along for the ride, but then he took off on pretty much every hill so ended up not believing him. I guess I did end up keeping him closer but that was just my super strength surely. We managed to get up to quite a bit of silliness. I just barely managed to get up the 30%+ incline in 5th gear which made me kind of happy as I almost didn't make quite make it several times but I think the grunting helped. We finished with a big ring yomi in the saddle just for fun. It was at this point, I walked away from @sean-e's pushup challenge (as it was my rest day) only to decide what the hell 30s later and give it ago. So helmet on, down we went and needless to say, he beat me at that too but I think I did rather well putting out 40 pushups before deciding to feign a lose and while he celebrated, squeezed out a few more. Had him worried for a bit but I soon gave up - rest day is my excuse. We finished off with some coffee at cross coffee and then powered it home. What a morning!

Roll up, roll right up. It is Tuesday again tomorrow and the weather is playing ball. That's right folks, it's Tama Tuesday time! Who is up for this tomorrow? @thooms, @sean-e - are you guys around?

Date: Tuesday March 31st

Time 1: 5:30 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 1: Under Futako Bridge Link (opposite side of river to Giant store.)

Time 2: 5:45 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 2: Link

Return time: 7:00 at spot 2, 7:15 at spot 1

Just ain't feeling my mojo today, so I'm going for a long, solo, and boring gravel ride tomorrow morning to clear the brain. Maybe later this week!

Anyone interested in restarting this now that our wonderful government has declared that COVID (or at least, masking) is Over?

Anyone interested in restarting this now that our wonderful government has declared that COVID (or at least, masking) is Over?
Did you all start this again after all? I'll be in the area in June and could join once or twice at least. If not, I grabbed those route files and I'll check them out sometime on my own.

Back
Top Bottom