What's new

Training Ride Tuesday Morning Tama Training Thread

I'll join tomorrow although I am in crappy condition. I seem to have gained 5kgs somehow since last year and it's not muscle! I'll flog myself into shape and will bring a bike with gears.

Date: Thursday March 19th

Time 1: 5:30 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 1: Under Futako Bridge Link (opposite side of river to Giant store.)

Time 2: 5:45 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 2: Link

Return time: 7:00 at spot 2, 7:15 at spot 1

I would like to join, but it's too early for me (need to do my morning pray first)..
The earliest i can leave is 5.15 which takes 45 minutes to Meeting Place 1 :( So unless you guys can adjust the timing then i had to skip this ride..

Anyway have fun guys..

Unfortunately, I've got family stuff in the morning to do when I get home so can't really do later without being shorter. We can figure out a 6pm or so meetup point along a route for next week I guess. That might be one option.

It's okay guys you can just do at the same time.. I'll probably join later in a few weeks when morning prayer changes earlier..

I don't want to ruin everyone schedule 🙏🏼

So happy I forced myself up this morning. It was a wonderful spin. I knew early on I was in trouble as my partners in crime were just riding away from me on the hills. Ignoring that and concentrating on the new bike was a real pleasure though. The bike is more agile than my previous one and seems to descend confidently. It also feels more like the power is going to the road which can't be bad. Seems fast enough on the flat too. Now I just have to burn though the extra flab I am carrying and get the power to weight ratio back up a bit so I can at least challenge on some of the hills.

@thooms snapped this photo just before we headed off from spot 2. Looks nice right? Why aren't you there tooIMG_3569.JPG?

I guess, we are on a roll :cool: Hopefully, you'll have some more bad junk food the night before @sean-e to give us all a chance.

Date: Tuesday March 24th

Time 1: 5:30 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 1: Under Futako Bridge Link (opposite side of river to Giant store.)

Time 2: 5:45 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 2: Link

Return time: 7:00 at spot 2, 7:15 at spot 1

@sean-e and @thooms - just rechecked the forecast again and it seems to have changed somewhat. It is now showing rain early morning. I'll check again later, but I'll probably just stay in if the roads are wet. Will decide later.

Weather looks alright on the raindar thingie. Looks like rain more south although the weather chart itself still shows rain early this morning. I'll take a chance and wake up early. See you there.

It was a chilly one out there this morning with a particularly cold wind. I had no gloves on and @thooms headunit was showing 3 degrees. I was quite happy to be wearing a Rapha top that had some front pockets that I could slip my hands into now and again - particularly after the descents. We missed @sean-e and his crazy bottom of the hill launches, but did the best we could to make up for it. We had a few standing sprints and some good climbs as always. I'm trying to rediscover fitness... It's in here somewhere - maybe underneath the extra fat I am carrying around. Gotta lose that. Working at home is not helping.

Back
Top Bottom