What's new

Training Ride Tuesday Morning Tama Training Thread

appreciate the offer but now that I think about the logistics it seems like the early start presents a problem. the bike shop is near the start but wont be available at that time. I could get the bike today but my place in shibuya is a too far to ride to the start. I will try posting a thread to see if anyone wants to ride during the day...
Hey if you put it j an order today with Tom @ Astuto he can deliver it to cross coffee which is somewhat near the meeting place and a train station. The other alterinative is to bag the early morning Tuesday ride get the rental and go for a ride up the Tamagawa and into the mountains for the day if you have time. Gonna be a great day for a ride.

appreciate the offer but now that I think about the logistics it seems like the early start presents a problem. the bike shop is near the start but wont be available at that time. I could get the bike today but my place in shibuya is a too far to ride to the start. I will try posting a thread to see if anyone wants to ride during the day...

If you have day time off, I'd recommend riding in daylight also. Bit warmer and more pleasant :) Thanks for the update.

Try rent for a few days if you have the time. If you like hills, then this one ride is pretty good although it gets a bit steep. Still if you are renting the bike from Tim and like hills, then that bike has the gears for this.

Or this one is closer to Tokyo and not as wild, but it the loop, you can do a few times and gain lots of elevation in the process.

If you are starting from Shibuya, you could probably also cycle up the arakawa river I would guess.

Anyway - have fun out there! Maybe post another thread and see if someone has time to show you around. Probably not a lot of folks reading this training thread.

Hey @sellian - you get to decide how early I get out of bed tomorrow it seems. If you are up for it, I'll go. If not, I'll do something tamer and try fix my front derailleur in the process.

thanks for the routes! tim can get me a bike for tomorrow but it looks like the first train would put me there at 5:45 so not in time for the rollout. I will book it if anyone is willing to do 6 instead. the early time certainly agrees with my jet lag at the moment

what kind of front mech? I could probably fix it. the hardest ones are the yaw...

oh youre right if I go to Keio-Inadazutsumi. I was looking at Yanokuchi but thats past the meetup spot.

Tim has confirmed a bike for me so I'm in for tomorrow. it only has a "be seen" light not a "see" light so I hope its light enough at 5:45

@rox - ok sounds good. TBH, I'm not sure how bright it will be at that time as I haven't been out that early since late October :) Sunrise tomorrow is apparently 06:20. I'll be there tomorrow to meet with you though and we can stay close together. There won't be many cars on the roads we will take. I'll PM you my number but if I understand correctly, you'll be at the meetup spot at 5:45.

Actually, hang on. Are you going to Keio-Inadazutsumi? Looking that the train schedule, that's gonna be nasty from Shibuya station that early. Can you give me more details of your train route and time schedule as I want to make sure its possible to meet up for both of us given that you are probably not familiar with everything. Feel free to PM me.

Rain has finally stopped. Roads will be wet but shouldn't rain any more according to weather so let's do this :)

@rox - happy we found your bike and I managed to find you some elevation. It was a dark start for me on Tama river path with lots of dark clothes walkers and runners lurking at different points. Took it fairly easy down to the meeting point to ensure survival. After deciding that nobody else was going to join the ride anyway (lurkers!), I headed over to help @rox find the bike. Finally found it on the other side of the station and all was well. Bit late so improvised a route starting with yomiuriland and took it from there. Got home pretty late, force fed myself and got the kids ready before tearing off for a meeting. Made it with 5 mins to spare. Whew!

It's Monday again. We all know that Tuesday is the day after Monday... And Tuesday means waking up too early, riding too hard and racing back to make it to breakfast and work. If there are any takers, I'll be there at the usual time. @rox - I believe you are still in town? @sellian - will you read this a day late? @GrantT - long time no see. Weather looks like a balmy 11 degrees or there abouts. Cloudy so good for visibility when the sun shines low.

Time: 5:45 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place: Link
Back at the meeting place by 7 am.

Post here if you'll make it. Otherwise, I'll stay closer to home and get more sleep. I like both choices.

Gonna bail on this. Bit of a tickle in my throat tonight so will do something easier tomorrow and perhaps do this Thursday instead.

Hello! I am moving to Tokyo at the end of March, likely will be living in the Ota/Setagawa area nearby. Is this ride still ongoing in 2019?

Yes. I for one aim to get out there again. I have no plans to do it though until mid-April I think as I'll be in the US. It is starting to get to the point where we could start it up again though. Ping again when you arrive.

Hey @GrantT - I'm up for this ride again starting the 23rd. Let me know if you are about. @sean-e hope to see you also. I'm gonna try brute my way up the hills on my fixie until May. Let's see how that goes. Should be painful :)

Sadly I am out on the Tuesday early rides. Teaching Tusdays and riding Thursdays at a reasonable hour. Call me old... yes old!

Back
Top Bottom