What's new

Training Ride Tuesday Morning Tama Training Thread

Quick update. Currently 3 of us riding tomorrow morning.

Meeting place: Link
We roll out at 05:45 tomorrow so be there before that.

Not sure exactly what route @GrantT has on the cards except that we will take in Renkohji.

Quick update. Currently 3 of us riding tomorrow morning.

Meeting place: Noborito Bridge (Map Link)
We roll out at 05:45 tomorrow so be there before that.

Not sure exactly what route @GrantT has on the cards except that we will take in Renkohji.

(PS. Sorry for posting twice... not quite sure what happened but edited this one for clarity anyway).

Had a blast this morning. It was a shock to the system really. Hit it hard and got hit hard, fell apart and regathered myself. Got a new PR on an old climb and took crappy photos which got me dropped. A bit dark when I started out probably made worse by shades :-O Absolutely gorgeous weather out there this morning though once the sun kicked in... Rides like these!

Tama Tuesday Ride tomorrow morning. Sorry for the late notice.
Time: 5:45 am (Roll out time)
Back at the meeting place by 7 am.
Sorry no route posted but it will be hilly :) Maybe see you tomorrow @sellian .

Nice solo ride this morning. Weather was awesome. Nice and cool. I should probably post these rides a little less last minute :-O
Definitely dark out now. I left the house at 5am and enjoyed using my lights all the way to the meeting point.

FYI I should be good for next Tuesday the 30th also. Week after that I am in the US so I personally won't be doing November 6th. Should be back in action again November 13th though. I'll post again closer to Tuesday (hopefully before Monday night this time... LOL).

Weather is looking good for tomorrow morning. 13 degree start or thereabouts. Perfect Irish summer weather. Same time, same bat channel.

Tama Tuesday Training Ride
Route: Planning on going up the river as far as Renkouji and then working our (probably my) way back over some fabulous Tama hills.
Be there or Be cubed (as in the office kind).

Let me know if you are interested in coming out. If its just me and I'm a tad early (why wouldn't I be early at that hour?!), I'll just leave and flog myself.

Had a nice spin today. Start of the ride to the meet up is dark along the river path. No cars to run me over but boy do some folks dress dark so even though there is hardly a sinner around, you still had to be really cautious as you'd never know who'd be just ahead. Arrived at the bottom of Renkouji and found a guy waiting to cross at the light in almost full winter gear (I was in full summer). Asked him if he was feeling a bit warm and he looked at me and laughed in obvious disbelief of my silliness to not accept that I needed gloves and overshoes. Nice opener I thought. He was about 60 or so and had a mount fuji 2017 top on. When the light changed, he took off up the foot path at a fair speed and held it all the way. He then descended with me and he went ahead again on a traffic light and turned out he was taking the same steeper hill back up. He danced all the way up the hill at a fair pace and I just held on and got my 3rd fastest time... But at the end of the road, where I thought he would wait a little to cross the road, he took off in a different direction. Never got to say any more to him. Lungs burning, I took off in my direction to finish the ride. Maybe he thought it was too cold to wait or something. Beautiful morning out. 55km logged.

Damn, I have missed all of these posts sorry. I have been off the bike for a week waiting for new cleats to arrive (broke one last week on my way back from Kamakura) but I'll be most likely keen next week!

Hey @sellian. Unfortunately, I'll be in the US next week. Am going to try and rent a bike though and try get a few sessions in while there if I can find someplace to ride. I'll be back again the week after on the 13th so hopefully see you then.

Thanks @WattsUp. Back in Japan again now. Tomorrow, I think I will stay local or ride inside as I have no idea how I am going to sleep tonight and I don't want anyone to depend on me. Sorry for bailing yet again. Hope to be back on track next week.

Hi @rox - I would say that @GrantT is the man when it comes to leading the Tuesday Tama ride. However, I am known to also dig in now and again. I'm in two minds about cycling outside tomorrow as my front mech is acting up but if you are in town and want to ride, then I'll ride with you. It is gonna be dark for the first part of the ride I would guess so you'll need lights (and a bike by the sounds of it).

Assuming you got the bike hooked up, please post here by 8pm (or soon after) tonight (Monday) and let me know if we are all set. Meeting place and time is same as usual. @sellian - hope you can make it also - let me know. Hills are on menu again ;-) Weather looks good albeit a tad on the chilly side with a north wind. Might not be a good idea to do short sleeves I guess. Still we will have your lungs burning in no time.

Note. If you haven't been to the meeting place before, please try to be a little early to be sure you make it. Please also post a message if you don't make it out of bed for some reason. I will understand :)

appreciate the offer but now that I think about the logistics it seems like the early start presents a problem. the bike shop is near the start but wont be available at that time. I could get the bike today but my place in shibuya is a too far to ride to the start. I will try posting a thread to see if anyone wants to ride during the day...

Back
Top Bottom