What's new

Training Ride Tuesday Morning Tama Training Thread

Hi all - @GrantT is unable to ride tomorrow but just like Freddy Mercury sang... The Ride Must Go On... At least that's what I am singing. So tomorrow morning I shall see you all ready to roll out at 05:45 from the usual meeting place. Doughnut say I didn't tell you so. Will aim to be back at the start by 7am or earlier if we can pull it off. Weather forecast is warm, hilly at times.

Meeting place: Link
Rolling out at 05:45

Good news... Everyone woke up on time. Although in my house that meant the baby and the wife too. Darn. Still managed to sneak out of the room and into my gear on time. The morning scales keeps telling me recently that I've lost a kg so I guess it must be true at this point. Guess that is good as yesterdays FTP test came up with the same numbers. So losing a kg means I guess I did improve a wee bit.

It was a little overcast this morning which made this a very pleasant ride. After waking up a tad too early, I dilly dallied to the meeting point where @Daniel Sampras was ready to ship out. We lost one before the start to a sidewall puncture. Bad luck - next time! We rolled out at 5:45 and hit the hills. I had no juice for the first two but was feeling stronger for the third so gave it some welly. Crested to a crowd at a bus stop with a good finish. They were a bit quiet though. A bronze for me... No wonder they felt let down I guess. A few more easy hills and it was time to say farewell to my morning partner. After that I hit yomiuriland pretty fresh and gave it a good go. Just a little off my PR on vdori - drat that younger me! I'll get you yet.

Last edited:
Easygoing hill riding to mark the summer season of heat stroke.
Time: 5:30 am
Meeting place: Link
Back at the meeting place by 6:45 am.
Route similar to this

Quick update!
Meeting at 5:45 am (not 5:30) tomorrow morning.
Back at the meeting spot by 7 am (not 6:45).
Thanks.

And there were 5... 5 early risers that were treated to an absolutely top morning with beautifully forgiving overcast skies and a light breeze to boot. The ride itself was awesome as usual and well run by our one and only @GrantT who also got a bit unlucky on a trail more suitable to a cx bike and clipped a tree stump which bent his derailleur hanger. Luckily, he posses super human strength and he was able to bend it back into shape such that his gears were working better than mine by the end of the ride. That's no joke either. I did the usual hero maintenance the night before and took my rear cassette apart for a bit of cleaning only to put it all back together and not check my indexing was working. I didn't check the order the spacers came off but I did put them back on in the right order so perhaps something was amiss before. And did I think to fix it while grantT was doing his own maintenance? Nope... Silly me. Anyway - a superb morning out with good mates and a strong ride by all.

A morning song for you all...

There were 5 early risers, going up a wall,
There were 5 early risers, going up a wall
and if 1 early riser, should accidentally fall,
There'd be 4 early risers, going up a wall.

See you all next Tuesday!

Whippee! This is the last one for me for a while as I'll be heading off to some Irish heatwave of about 16 degrees from Wednesday. See you all tomorrow!

Hi everyone, is this happening at the moment, or is the weather too oppressive? I'd be keen to ride some bike tomorrow.

@sellian A couple of regulars are out of town and I'm training with a local team this week. Probably not happening tomorrow, but someone might post a bit later.

does this ride go on through november? I am visiting then and would like to get out for a spin

Been ages since my last public flogging. Weather looks perfect. I'll be there tomorrow. Will you?

As much as I would love to, I had a heavy crash last Sunday and I am still not 100%. I think I have pinched a nerve in my back and it is sending pain to the arch of my foot. Or, I have a fracture that only started getting painful two days ago. Hopefully that isn't the case as I'm only a week off the bike and losing my mind a little. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom