What's new

Training Ride Tuesday Morning Tama Training Thread

I'm nicely jet lagged. I hope to be out tomorrow at the usual silly o'clock so I'll see you all then. @sean-e what happened the wrist? @OPPL200 the hills are not long enough to make a huge difference in wait times at the top (unless you walk). Plus, who knows you might be faster but it doesn't really matter as long as you are having fun and working hard on the hills. It will be dark and cold soon so, it's now or never :) Come on out!

Date: Tuesday September 17th

Time 1: 5:30 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 1: Under Futako Bridge Link (opposite side of river to Giant store.

Time 2: 5:45 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 2: Link

Back at the meeting spot 2 around 7am and spot 1 around 7:15am

@wexford I would hope I avoid walking, but you never know! o_O

I'll see how I feel later tonight. I did a fairly long ride on Saturday and just popped out for a spin around the Palace. I absolutely want to come along and meet some fellow cyclists, so if not this week then definitely next.

Will give it try again tomorrow 👍 and meet you at 5:30 am at place 1. See you!

There were 4 of us today. That was awesome. It was great to see the lads tearing up the roads this morning. I am properly wiped out. Jet lag got me out of bed quite easily... Didn't even have to wait for my alarm to ring. Felt ok on the first hill and then fell apart from there. It's still hot and sweaty out there. Hope to be back to feeling a bit more like myself next week. Can't go on making excuses :)

Poor excuse that I woke up at 04:15, rolled back over and woke up again at 06.15. To be fair, my legs were tired walking up the steps at Shinjuku this morning so a rest wasn't a bad idea....

Glad you had a good session though, hopefully see you next week!

Afternoon all,

I'll be arriving in Tokyo tomorrow afternoon, depending on how long it takes to get through immigration, get the residency card and declare the 4 millions boxes of crap which are apparently "essential items" (bikes excluded) we are bringing with us in the container, if I can get to the new place not too late and get the bike built up i'd like to join again Tuesday morning!

Anyone riding from central Tokyo? I'd be riding from around Tokyo Mid-Town....

Cheers!

Hey everyone. It's looking like I might be able to join for the first time tomorrow. Assuming I'm able to make it, I'll plan on meeting place #1 at 5:30am.

We'll see how I hold up after ruining my quads in a crit yesterday...

See you guys then. I'll be in a gray Enigma jersey. Details blurb copy pasted from @wexford:

Date: Tuesday September 24th

Time 1: 5:30 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 1: Under Futako Bridge Link (opposite side of river to Giant store.)

Time 2: 5:45 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place 2: Link

Back at the meeting spot 2 around 7am and spot 1 around 7:15am

Hey all - sorry but I won't make tomorrow - flight has pushed out the pistons on the disc brakes and it needs a bleed unfortunately.

Hope to be out later in the week!

Cheers,

Mike

There were 5 of us this morning. Amazing that it could have been 7! Thanks for coming out everyone.

I had a blast even though I was hanging off the back again this morning. Now I have something to aim for again. Any slacking lads and I'll have you on that next hill.

Back
Top Bottom