What's new

Training Ride Tuesday Morning Tama Training Thread

Three soldiers of fortune on todays ride. I was delighted to see @GrantT as it had been ages since I last rode with him. Thanks for coming! Always a pleasure.

We started on the river path heading up towards Renkouji. Seems they have opened a new section now that I was totally unaware of which keeps us out of the path of traffic for just that bit longer. This is probably not news to most of you but it was the first time that I had used it so was very chuffed.

Indeed @sean-e continued to his dominance over the donut laden Tama hills this week while I stole all the oxygen from anyone trying to follow. Always great to be out gunned as it helps me improve. Hoping for more good weather next Tuesday. Today was perfect.

IMG_1606.jpeg

was nice to meet @GrantT and thanks again to @wexford for finding all these steep sidestreets!

p.s. y'all are being too charitable to me, it was GrantT's recovery day and Wexford got away from me on the flat during the return trip :eek:

Date: Tuesday June 4th
Time: 5:45 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place: Link
Back at the meeting place by 7 am.

Holy cow it's June! Tomorrow weather look good for the morning. Should be a nice ride. We'd some some up and over training with a heavy sprinkling of tasty donut laden inclines in the Tama area. Let's try and use up the nice fresh Spring mornings while they last.

Well folks. The Tuesday Tama ride went off spectacularly again this week. A beautiful morning. Lots of big efforts using up all the oxygen all over Tama such that by the time we got to Yomiuri land and encountered other cyclists going up, I was able to pass them easily as there was no oxygen left in the general area for anyone else. Today, we also threw in some sprints into the mix. I get the feeling that @sean-e doesn't like to be passed or something as he seems to always finish in front of me. Something that I shall work on fixing over the next few weeks. Nice riding!

Looks like all the rain is falling today and it might not rain tomorrow morning. Howandever, I'm going to give it a miss this week and save the legs for Sunday.

Looks like all the rain is falling today and it might not rain tomorrow morning. Howandever, I'm going to give it a miss this week and save the legs for Sunday.

d'oh!

maybe one day i can convince you to join me on thor's day of standing sprint repeats ;-) file from last thursday morning proves i only know z1 and z7 :flip:

lols.png

@sean-e - I think I'll be staying in tomorrow morning. Don't think I can face a donut tomorrow morning. Sorry man. Might be up for it later in the week.

Holy cow. Tuesday already. @sean-e - Ok, let's do it. Same time and place. Thanks for pinging me!

Date: Tuesday June 25th
Time: 5:45 am (Roll out time)
Meeting place: Link
Back at the meeting place by 7 am.

Great ride this morning. I woke up 25 minutes late so didn't have time for breakfast. Luckily I had some youkans so I had three of those on the way to the meeting spot. Arrived 2 mins to spare. Whew! We did the long route today up Renkoji. That hill still eats me for breakfast. I tried rotating with Sean but the lad is too strong that everytime he went past for his 10 seconds, I was I was catching up only to be served my 10 seconds at the front next. Did more of the usual roads when we decided to do some standing sprints in a large gear.

First time doing those and on first try my foot came flying out of my left pedal, so Sean won that. Try again, I was very gingerly on the 2nd one trying to keep my foot straight and not come out. 3rd time lucky, right? Foot came out again. This time the cleat felt really sloppy so stopped to tighten the cleats. They seemed tight so next looked at the pedal. Not good. Either a spring broke in the back or its just very loose. I need to look at it tonight when I have more time. Damn. I guess its all that power I generate :flip:

Next up, the wahoo turned blank as I had neglected to charge its battery for a while. Data freedom all the way home :crafty: Legs feel surprisingly good after that ride though. I must not have gone hard enough.

Back
Top Bottom