Training Ride Tuesday Morning Tama Training Thread

Jul 3, 2012
Tokyo
Hi all - @GrantT is unable to ride tomorrow but just like Freddy Mercury sang... The Ride Must Go On... At least that's what I am singing. So tomorrow morning I shall see you all ready to roll out at 05:45 from the usual meeting place. Doughnut say I didn't tell you so. Will aim to be back at the start by 7am or earlier if we can pull it off. Weather forecast is warm, hilly at times.

Meeting place: Link
Rolling out at 05:45

wexford

Maximum Pace
Jul 3, 2012
Tokyo
Good news... Everyone woke up on time. Although in my house that meant the baby and the wife too. Darn. Still managed to sneak out of the room and into my gear on time. The morning scales keeps telling me recently that I've lost a kg so I guess it must be true at this point. Guess that is good as yesterdays FTP test came up with the same numbers. So losing a kg means I guess I did improve a wee bit.

It was a little overcast this morning which made this a very pleasant ride. After waking up a tad too early, I dilly dallied to the meeting point where @Daniel Sampras was ready to ship out. We lost one before the start to a sidewall puncture. Bad luck - next time! We rolled out at 5:45 and hit the hills. I had no juice for the first two but was feeling stronger for the third so gave it some welly. Crested to a crowd at a bus stop with a good finish. They were a bit quiet though. A bronze for me... No wonder they felt let down I guess. A few more easy hills and it was time to say farewell to my morning partner. After that I hit yomiuriland pretty fresh and gave it a good go. Just a little off my PR on vdori - drat that younger me! I'll get you yet.

Last edited: