What's new

Tech Tubeless set up

Ruda

Speeding Up
Nov 22, 2019
Didn`t have any luck ):

Set the bead with an inner tube. Pop just one side off and take the tube out. Try again tubeless but this time you only have to have to keep one side sealed. If you’ve got family or friends available, have them help with trying to keep a deal while you pump like crazy.
When removing the tube, both of the beads came off the rim.
I think the rim is a little bit wider, so the tire seats really tight (its really hard to put it on without levers)

Tried air compressor at a gas station, but the head is weird and doesn`t fit well the valve (also, my tires now have some oily sutff inside)
Wasted a few CO2 cartridges already.

Tomorrow, im giving up and taking it to the bike shop (More walking than my fitness allows though)
Thanks!

Ruda

Speeding Up
Nov 22, 2019
@Ruda
Let me show you my ghetto diy tubeless compressor.

View attachment 28901

It's a 2L coke bottle wrapped with a bunch of tape to decrease the chance of it blowing up in my face, a presta valve on the cap, an air hose stuck in the bottom sealed with adhesive and a clip on it to kink the hose.

It works like a charm, seats my 38c gravelkings every time.
I've tested it up to 75 psi, fear pushing it higher. 🙃

Ok thats scary and interesting at the same time.
What did you use to make the holes, to seal the holes and where do i buy the hose? (i`m still totally lost in Japan 🤣)

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
Didn`t have any luck ):

When removing the tube, both of the beads came off the rim.
I think the rim is a little bit wider, so the tire seats really tight (its really hard to put it on without levers)

Tried air compressor at a gas station, but the head is weird and doesn`t fit well the valve (also, my tires now have some oily sutff inside)
Wasted a few CO2 cartridges already.

Tomorrow, im giving up and taking it to the bike shop (More walking than my fitness allows though)
Thanks!
If you want to use the compressor at the garage pick up a presta valve adapter at the bike shop.

100 yen well spent.

Keep it in your saddle bag and then you can use a regular bike pump to fix a puncture when out on the road.

I'm yet to knock on a door in Japan and find a house, school, office etc. without a regular mama chari floor pump.

Andy

47no

Maximum Pleb
Dec 29, 2019
Ok thats scary and interesting at the same time.
What did you use to make the holes, to seal the holes and where do i buy the hose? (i`m still totally lost in Japan 🤣)

Used a hot knife for the holes, the one in the cap sealed no problem because I used a tubeless valve, the one on the bottom I used some plastic bond adhesive. Bought a 4mm diameter air hose at the home center

Top Bottom