What's new

Help TT Bike stolen alert - please help

alexeinz

Cruising
May 27, 2010
Hi Guys, my bike got stolen in Ikebukuro this evening
It is a road bike converted to TT /Tri

Bianchi Campagnolo Veloce 1885 ( Alu - Carbon )
Greenish /Grey /Black frame with "Black Asteroid" sticker
SVET / T3+ Profile Aero cockpit ( microshift shifters )
Profile Carbon Tri seatpost
ISM Prologue Seat Black
HED JET 9 Carbon rear wheel

It is my favourite training bike, and I beg for any help recovering it because police will not help at all.( If you can , please share or direct me to any other Tri groups , because the parts atleast will probably end up for sale somewhere ):eek::eek:uch:
bianchi.jpg

oh that sucks, do you have the serial number? you don't need to tell us it.
Cops won't help or can't? Why not?
hope you get your 愛車back soon.

Sorry to hear that, Alex! Also, what were the circumstances?

I took the liberty of removing your phone number and email adress, you don't want to feed the spam bots. Members can contact you via PM.

Bummer!

Sorry to hear that matey.

No doubt you will be scouring all the usual market places on and offline.

Everyone will keep an eye out for you, but do let us know if you have any luck.

Ouch! Where was it stolen? from your house? Or on the street? 5min Conbini break?

It is an original bianchi Italian handmade frame from 2005 ( not Taiwan made )
In my stupidity I cant find the bouhan touroku number paper anywhere
but it is really on the rare side and unless repainted easily recognisable

It was stolen in fron of Ikebukuro Tipness where I went for 5 min ( 2 chains locked )

Any suggestion on reporting, is it even possible to contact bike shops to be on lookout for the specific frame

Thomas- I dont mind the spam bots on the email / phone number
if anyone can repost with the numbers elsewhere I will appreciate
there must be some JP bbs

It was stolen in fron of Ikebukuro Tipness where I went for 5 min (2 chains locked)

2 chains on it, and it was still stolen!?

What kind of locks where they and did you lock it to anything, or was it free standing?

Not asking you to relive the gory details or anything like that, but if thieves are acting that fast, with tools to cut chains, we all need to know, and take the required precautions.

Cheers

not real good chains, / chain locked to guardrail
Bike was just cleaned / looked shiny and impressive
it might have been a bit more than 5 min, but I park there often

Alex, sorry to hear that.

I heard alert news from few years ago that there're robbery group has a Ben(car) and kind of eqmt can cut the chain & put in a few seconds/
(And they're looking for their target everyday. :mad:)

Maybe this might help to find your bike. This is Japanese only.
http://www.active-s.com/p-bbs/bbs.cgi

Kimm

Yeah, unfortunately this mirrors what my local omwarisan mentioned. You can't really plan for this kind of theft cause the people doing are very well prepared and your bike will be gone in a matter of seconds regardless how you locked it. I still say Japan is the safest place in the world for bike theft as there are only 2 types that steal - the 'borrowers' or the 'gangsters'. One can be prevented by anything - even a piece of string. The other is just by chance. To me one of the more important issues is WHY JAPAN DOESN'T STOP THIS AT THE PORT!! Because it's a very well known fact these bikes are going to other ASEAN countries in bulk. I guess not high enough up on the pecking list compared to the stolen motorcycles, cars and electronics being smuggled out.

I would have to disagree with the "in bulk" there just isn't enough high end bikes to meet the supply chain - cars yes, bikes no!

Yes there are gangs but basically its to feed the domestic market, the bike will be stripped down and sold as parts - frame may or may not be dumped. The police just say its international gangs because to chase up bike crime is "Mendoksai".

Your best bet is to hit up ALL the second hand bike stores in Tokyo, Saitama and Kanagawa to see if anyone brings it or recognisable parts. Also hit up ebay, Craigs list and other online sales.

We've had a few members here that have recovered bikes this way and although its hard graft its the only way to get it back.

The site listed is good but it unless people are actively searcching for bikes posted there nothing is going to happen - You need to be proactive and pound the ground unfortunately. Also contact ordinary bike stores and tell them to be on the look out for this bike, they may or may not be of help but cover as many bases as possible.

not real good chains, / chain locked to guardrail
Bike was just cleaned / looked shiny and impressive
it might have been a bit more than 5 min, but I park there often

Could you be a little more specific - the reason I ask is that if we know the type of locks they are breaking through then members can "Upgrade" as it were to add some protection to the bikes.

Your best bet is to hit up ALL the second hand bike stores in Tokyo, Saitama and Kanagawa

I am willing to have a look round Saitama, if you need me too.

FarEast said:
Could you be a little more specific - the reason I ask is that if we know the type of locks they are breaking through then members can "Upgrade" as it were to add some protection to the bikes.

Yep, the more info we all have about this, the better we will all be at protecting our rigs.

We work with a couple of used bike companies - including the largest one - I'll print this and send to them to be on the lookout. For what it's worth - they have to go through very stringent process to accept a used bike. And, unfortunately, as FE says, the process to accept parts is not so complicated - all the customer needs to do is sign a 'promise' that the parts are not stolen and belong to them. The whole bike or frame is another matter entirely - requiring official Police transfer.

Interesting; one would hope not, but perhaps suspects, that parts are way more difficult to identify as stolen, than a frame, or complete bike, and therefore the potential come-back on the reseller is minimal.

We work with a couple of used bike companies - including the largest one - I'll print this and send to them to be on the lookout. For what it's worth - they have to go through very stringent process to accept a used bike. And, unfortunately, as FE says, the process to accept parts is not so complicated - all the customer needs to do is sign a 'promise' that the parts are not stolen and belong to them. The whole bike or frame is another matter entirely - requiring official Police transfer.

They are supposed to go through a stringent process but at the end of the day they pay the staff peanuts and if a member of staff is in on the process thats all it takes, especailly with the registration process.

Back
Top Bottom