What's new

Ride Tsuru 都留市 - Sunday 6/26

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
@TokyoLiving and I will be heading out to Tsuru on Sunday Morning. We did this a couple of weeks ago and it was a great ride, quiet roads, some long stretches where we can draft and some moderate climbs. The weather is a little difficult to predict at the moment, but fingers crossed.
@Kohei Matsuda , this would be a good one for you:) of course all are welcome, medium pace drafting on the flat and a couple of kombini stops to refuel.

Meeting place: Family Mart near Takahatafudo Station, Keio line.
Meeting Time: 5:00am, Sunday 6/26 (we both have afternoon plans so need to leave early).

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance and taking nothing away from this good looking ride, but isn't Tsuru Pass = route 18 inbetween* Uenohara and Lake Okutama? Could be wrong...

*(route 33 out of Uenohara to 18 - Tsuru Pass - then 18 onto 139 to Lake Okutama)

Hey, I'm thinking of joining the ride but am completely new to Japan! I'm studying at Tokyo Tech for 2 months. Any advice on getting myself to the start point of your ride? and sorry for being stupid but is the 5am start purely to be back early in the afternoon? i've noticed a lot of people heading out at 5-5.30am i didn't know if it was a traffic issue.
Thanks,
Jon.

Any advice on getting myself to the start point of your ride?
You could try riding along the river like this. It looks like you are about 30km from the starting point. Give yourself plenty of time to get there, it's always tough navigating a new city. Can you give us a rough idea of your average speed please?

Hey, I'm thinking of joining the ride but am completely new to Japan! I'm studying at Tokyo Tech for 2 months. Any advice on getting myself to the start point of your ride? and sorry for being stupid but is the 5am start purely to be back early in the afternoon? i've noticed a lot of people heading out at 5-5.30am i didn't know if it was a traffic issue.
Thanks,
Jon.

You may be better off taking the train to the starting point and meeting us for the ride. 30km from a starting point in a new city at 5 am will be a tough one. I get up at 4 am on the road by 4:30 to meet Conrad at the starting point which for me is 12 km away.

I think I would need to take the train. I'm not used to the such early starts. I'm from the UK and am a cat 3 crit/ road racer. On my own I usually average 19-21mph up to 100km. In a race my average is generally 25mph but the distance is less than 100km. Considering the conditions and the distance you are covering my average speed will be less than that.

I think I would need to take the train. I'm not used to the such early starts. I'm from the UK and am a cat 3 crit/ road racer. On my own I usually average 19-21mph up to 100km. In a race my average is generally 25mph but the distance is less than 100km. Considering the conditions and the distance you are covering my average speed will be less than that.

Hey Jon, no need to worry about speed or getting dropped. We are all out to have fun, ride hard and push the limits. We just train, but not for races. A few of us used be cat 2 or 3 riders, but those days are gone as we have kids and well... Other responsibilities. Fun is the name of the game. So please feel free to join us. Be great to have a third or forth person.

Allen

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the help! It sounds like a lot of fun but I just checked the trains - I would need to take 3 different ones and it would take approx. 1 hour to get there. I'm not sure I will be functional at that time! I only arrived here 2 days ago.

@Jonf2016tokyo Sounds like you live on the other side of Tokyo. We are on the west side. There are other rides that start closer to you maybe. Also there is the half fast cycling club. They have good organized rides during the weekend. And some are pretty fast. Get on their mailing list which is sent out weekly.

@Jonf2016tokyo Sounds like you live on the other side of Tokyo. We are on the west side. There are other rides that start closer to you maybe. Also there is the half fast cycling club. They have good organized rides during the weekend. And some are pretty fast. Get on their mailing list which is sent out weekly.

Thanks for the other club details. Just sent them an email!

Back
Top Bottom