What's new

Help Tsukuba cycling group

lara.steil

Warming-Up
Nov 9, 2011
Hi dear all!

I just enter this group and I would like to ask for some informations. I´m from Brazil and I´m going to Japan next year on January for a two-month course in Tsukuba. I would like to know if you know a cycling group there. Here in Brazil I usually cicle with a group of friends and I don´t want to quit cycling.

Could you help me?

Thanks! :bike:

Hi,

Tsukuba is only about 20km from where I live, so if you wanted to go for some rides, I would be happy to join you. I have a lot of friends I ride with from around the area I live, so let me know and I can arrange something.

Cheers

Owen

Hi Owen,

Thank you for your reply! Certainly I would like to join your group of friends.

Let me know if you can help me in another points. I would like to ask you about bike prices. I intend to buy a bike there, but I couldn´t find bike prices in Japan. I´m in doubt if I buy one there or if I take my bike with me from Brazil. I am trying to calculate the benefits of these two options. The tax to enter in Brazil with a new bike bought abroad is 50%! A very huge tax, so It will be benefitial to buy one in Japan depending on the price.

Finally, I would like to know about the rules to cycling in Japan. I usually cycle long distances. Is it permitted to cycle on roads?

Could you help me again?

Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom